MinistryHub is honored to partner with Breiel Church in their search for a Children’s Pastor/Director. Please direct all applications and questions to the MinistryHub team.
Full Time (open to part time for the right person who has that desire)
Compensation: Salary, SECA, pension and other benefits.
Reports To: Lead Pastor
The Children’s Pastor/Director provides point leadership for the entire Children’s Ministry (Nursery – Grade 6).
Primary Ministry Role Functions & Responsibilities:
- Cast the vision for a vibrant Children’s Ministry that will allow kids to experience God, in an engaging and relevant way
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for the children’s ministry
- Choose and prepare curriculum for each program and each age level
- Create environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth
- Recruit, develop, and deploy a team of volunteers through providing resources, training, and implementing appreciation strategies
- Plan and participate in parent/child dedication, baptism classes and other spiritual milestones
- Use effective modes of communication including emails, texting, Facebook, Twitter, mailings, etc. designed to keep families engaged and informed of current programs, events and opportunities
- Plan, organize, staff and coordinate engaging summer programs for children and programs/events throughout the year
- Maintain policies for the safety and security of children, including but not limited to effective use of check-in/out technology
- Help with any tasks needed to make Breiel and its ministries amazing! While the primary focus is children’s ministry, it is important to also be a part of the larger team.
- Participate in Staff Meetings and retreats.
- Continued education and development.
- Occasional speaking for Sunday services.
- Maintain efforts of healthy spiritual formation, self-care, and ministry.
What a Win Looks Like
- The Children’s Pastor/Director is recognized as the visible leader of the Children’s Ministry as a whole.
- Every child and every Children’s Ministry Team Member are cared for
- Children and families are engaged and eager to partner with Children’s Ministry Team to help disciple children
- There is clear, thorough communication with Children’s Ministry Team members and everyone understands their roles and expectations to be on the team.
- The Children’s Ministry Team is trained and able to function well together to fulfill the overarching goals for Children’s Ministry
Keys to Winning
- Model Christ-like leadership to children, families, Children’s Ministry Volunteers, co-workers, and the church.
- Communicate consistently with the Lead Pastor, leadership and your team.
- Pray consistently for your team.
- Develop and implement a strategy for identifying and recruiting new Children’s Ministry volunteers.
- Accepting feedback and implementing ways to improve in your personal growth as well as the growth of the Children’s Ministry Team.
- Our ideal candidate: have a 4 year degree in a related field or at least 3 years of experience in leading a ministry to children of various ages and has a proven history of demonstrating spiritual maturity in their ministry.
- Love children and grant grace to children and families
- Demonstrate strong conflict management and public relation skills
- Demonstrate flexibility and calmness under pressure in changing and/or emergency situations
- Past ministry experience and demonstrate a competent ability to develop an effective and growing ministry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in ministry related field or minimum 4-years full-time Ministry Experience.
- Continue to study and grow in knowledge and practical ministry strategies current with culture, trends, and societal changes
- Currently ordained or is open to pursuing ordination in the Church of God (Anderson)
- Willingness to be flexible to adapt to church ministry needs
Located just 30 minutes north of Cincinnati, Breiel Church is a 112 year old church with a rich history, and we believe our best days are still ahead of us! This church is full of great people who have a desire to reach their community and beyond for Jesus.
How To Apply
Please submit all applications and questions through MinistryHub HERE.