Church Musician Job Description – Part Time
The Congregational Church of Salem (tccsalem.org) is a gospel centered, multi-generational church in Salem CT, between New London and Hartford. We are looking for an Accompanist/Music Director to work with the Pastor to help lead worship on Sunday mornings.
- Ability to lead musical worship.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and commitment to follow Him.
- Willingness to support the TCCS Statement of Faith and Ministry Distinctives.
- Willingness to learn and play traditional and modern hymns as well as contemporary worship music.
- A flexible spirit who is willing to grow and change as our congregation does.
- Work with Pastor to select songs and plan musical elements included in Sunday morning worship.
- Lead the congregation in song during Sunday morning services using either piano or guitar.
- Lead mid-week or Sunday morning rehearsals.
- Arrange for replacement musician if you are not able to lead.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hours and Salary:
The Music Director is an 8-10 hour a week position that reports to the Pastor and the Elders. The Music Director will start at $7500 annually with cost-of-living increases and receive 2 weeks paid vacation.
Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to [email protected].
How To Apply
Please email [email protected] to apply.