Church Planting Resident
Orchard NEO is a church planting program located in Northeast Ohio. In partnership with Christ Community Chapel (CCC), Orchard NEO aims to raise up men passionate about reaching Northeast Ohio through local churches. Orchard NEO works alongside these planters to realize God’s vision for their role in this mission, training them to be as effective as possible. To accomplish our goal, we are committed to identifying, training, supporting, and deploying as many church planters as it takes to reach Northeast Ohio.
Orchard NEO Church Planting Residents will be responsible for developing and implementing vision frames for new church plants over a 2-year program. Residents will work with Orchard NEO coaches and ministry leaders at Christ Community Chapel (CCC) to develop the structures of their churches. The selected candidate will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of the communities they are launching in, recruiting launch teams, and discipling future leaders with the help of their coaches. The selected resident will be expected to model Christ in all aspects of their personal and professional ministries and demonstrate an ability to implement coaching into practice. This position reports to both the Director and Coaching Director of Orchard NEO.
1st Year of Residency
- Maintain a deep and consistent relationship with Jesus.
- Attend weekly church services at CCC and serve as directed.
- Preach at various local churches.
- Attend weekly lectures and seminars and complete associated readings.
- Craft church plant vision.
- Participate in weekly coaching sessions.
- Responsible for developing launch team and its team members.
- Host consistent vision and recruiting meetings for launch team.
- Practice biblical hospitality with neighbors and launch team members.
- Regularly pastor and disciple future church members.
- Coordinate and execute community events and service projects.
- Develop and enact ministry strategies.
- Train group members in community engagement and evangelism.
- Identify and prepare future church leadership team.
- Launch church.
2nd Year of Residency and Beyond
- Plan and execute weekend services for launched church.
- Prepare and deliver weekly sermons.
- Attend weekly coaching and logistical oversight meetings.
- Disciple and train church leaders and members.
- Oversee operational items within the church.
- Participate in off-boarding process into full church independence.
- Dynamic and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s degree in theology or biblical studies preferred, or a bachelor’s degree with a focus on ministry and theological training.
- 2+ years of ministry work experience; community non-profit, sales, or customer service experience is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills; both written and verbal.
- Time management and problem skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Must be innovative and strategic.
- Ability to work independently and accomplish tasks with limited resources.
- Able to adapt and change based on the needs of the church.
How To Apply
To apply for this amazing opportunity to join our church planting program in northeast OH, please click on the below link that will direct you to our church partner, Christ Community Chapel, in Hudson, OH:
Now Hiring Church Planting Resident – Christ Community Chapel (ccchapel.com)
If you have any questions about the program or the position, please reach out to Jordan Rowell, HR Director, at [email protected].