We are looking to hire a Ministry Associate to serve as our College Director as well as provide support in various areas of the church.
As College Director, he/she would have a heart to disciple college students into a relationship with Christ. He/she is to engage students in what it means to believe and follow Christ in today’s world and to train them to be active and healthy members in the church body. The Director should have experience in campus ministry such as Inter-Varsity, Campus Crusade or a campus-based church, and in leading teams and training leaders. The Ministry Associate would have strong giftings in communication and administration and be able to work together as a team to carry out ministry. Their work in other areas of the ministry would include assisting in Sunday worship in front and behind-the-scenes, participating in committee work, coordinating events, etc.
About University Presbyterian Church
University Presbyterian Church (UPC) was founded in 1991 to reach out to the UCLA community and has grown to be an intergenerational and multi-cultural church serving West Los Angeles. UPC is made up of undergrads, graduate students, staff and faculty, international students, young working adults, married couples, families with children. The church is reformed, holding to Presbyterian traditions; and is charismatic, open to the prophetic work and gifts of the Holy Spirit.
For more details about the church, please visit our website (www.upcla.org), which shares the church’s vision and history.
Qualifications & Position Requirements
- Exhibits a growing relationship with Christ, consistent devotional life, love for the church, healthy personal boundaries, and open to the work of the Holy Spirit.
- Has a teamwork mindset in working together with senior pastor, staff, and
- Is self-motivated, organized, and a good communicator.
- Is an enabler and coach who trains, delegates and empowers others to do ministry.
- Has experience in Asian American ministry (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations, international students).
- Combined three years of leadership experience in a campus ministry.
- Understands the ministry needs, opportunities and challenges of a campus-oriented church.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree.
- Willing to relocate to within six miles to the UCLA campus.
College Ministry Responsibilities (25 hours per week)
- Goals: Evangelism and discipleship of students, leadership development, building up and increasing the size of the ministry.
- Weekly/biweekly responsibilities: Leading large group meetings, coordinating small groups, meeting with students, running social media, leading student leadership meetings.
- Monthly/quarterly responsibilities: fellowship, community service and outreach events.
- Yearly responsibilities: organizing Fall Push, graduation festivities and mission trips
Other Responsibilities (15 hours per week)
- Goals: work with the staff and volunteers to minister to the church.
- Attend weekly staff meeting.
- Assist in Sunday worship – may include giving announcements, setup/breakdown, shuttle driving, etc.
- Attend leadership meetings.
- Assist with special events such as holiday worship services, retreats and conferences.
- Participate/lead committees related to ministries of the church (ie. rethinking small groups).
Hours and Compensation
- Full time, 40 hours/week.
- Compensation: to be determined based on experience.
- Includes medical coverage stipend.
Job Description: Ministry Associate Job Description FINAL-3.pdf
How To Apply
- CV, Statement of Faith (1 page)
- Personal testimony (1 page)
- Three references (one must be a previous pastor and one must be a ministry colleague)
Please submit your application to:
Rev. Soon Chung [email protected] and Rev. Yvonne Ash [email protected].