Community Bible Church (Central City, NE) – Senior Pastor
The Big Picture
Community Bible Church (centralcitycommunitybible.org)(150) is seeking a full-time Senior Pastor to preach the Word of God, shepherd the church and impact the community for the glory of God.
- CBC has about 150 people attending with an average attendance of about 110.
- We have 12 young families with 40 children at home, 9 of whom are Jr-Sr High age.
- Central City is a rural community located along the Platte River.
- Our church is made up of farmers and ranchers, teachers and professional, young to retired families.
- Our AWANA program with about 30 kids participating.
- Our Jr & Sr High Youth group has been ministering to about 15 young people.
- Central City Public School www.centralcityschoolsne.org, as well as Nebraska Christian Schools K-12 www.nebraskchristian.org, serves our community.
- We have children attending both schools.
- Central City has a population of about 3,000.
- Located 25 miles east of Grand Island which has a population of 50,000.
- Our church enjoys a blended worship style.
- We are a part of the Berean Fellowship of Churches. www.weareberean.org.
- Leading and shepherding the Church in spiritual growth and disciple development.
- Preaching and teaching the Word of God with an emphasis on exposition of Scripture.
- Help develop our Discipleship and Life (small) group ministry.
- Provide leadership in outreach community and surrounding area.
- Be involved in the life of the Youth and Church families as time and opportunity allow.
- Be available to counsel and mentor members of the Church family and community.
- Teach adult or youth Sunday School classes as desired or needed.
- Meet monthly with the Elders at their regular meetings.
- A man who is growing in the qualifications of an Elder in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Demonstrates a life of godly character (along with his wife, if married) and has the heart of a shepherd.
- Bible College or Seminary training is preferred.
- In agreement with the Doctrinal Statement and Constitution of Community Bible Church.
- Demonstrates a firm grasp of biblical principles and is able to effectively teach the Word of God to a variety of age groups.
- Possesses effective communication skills and can connect with individuals from a diverse range of ages and backgrounds.
- Able to fulfill Senior Pastor responsibilities.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Senior Pastor at Community Bible Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Senior Pastor of Community Bible Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Community Bible Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].