FLSA Status: Exempt
- Manage performance, coach development, resource, and delegate with Community staff to promote health and growth in their roles.
- Lead the Community team to deliver effective day to day operations of the team as well as long-term planning, leader development, and active prayer by staff members.
- Create positive team collaboration and healthy communication across ES Community staff and lay leaders.
- Work with Senior Director of Spiritual Formation and Care and Formation Coordinator to set goals aligned with church-wide goals and develop ways to measure and increase the health and functioning of the ES Community system.
- Work with others on the Formation Team to integrate practices and callings into ES communities.
- Meet as needed with ES Lead Pastor/leadership team to shape and influence church-wide goals that reflect Community team values.
- Direct proactive communication within and beyond ES Community system to inform, inspire and empower lay leaders and other stakeholders to work toward goals of ES and Redeemer Presbyterian Church.
- Motivate team toward vision through appropriately budgeting and allocating resources.
- Oversee membership process.
- Build Community Group and Collective and leaders that embody cross-cultural gospel love and mission through regular group visits, implementation of the ES vision values within the culture, and raise new leaders to multiply groups in partnership with Community Team.
- Strategize, develop, and mobilize ways to make groups more effective in forming missional disciples.
- Provide expertise in planning and training for leaders (including New Leader Basics, Cultivate leader training, and retreats/conferences).
- Develop and write group discussion guides as needed.
- Integrate the ES care model to provide pastoral care and oversight.
- Develop yourself spiritually and professionally as a pastoral leader.
- Maintain highly visible presence in worship services and congregational events.
- Participate in pastoral care of the church.
- Lead worship services if called upon to do so.
- Develop, teach, and engage others in Formation classes/cohorts.
- Attend Session monthly and interface with the Session on discipline cases when appropriate.
- Lead ES projects to ensure spiritual formation of ES as called upon by ES leadership team.
Need to embrace Redeemer East Side’s mission to build a movement of everyday New Yorkers who are transformed by the gospel, rooted in cross-cultural gospel community, and mobilized for Christ’s mission where they live, work, and love. The candidate should be aligned with the philosophy of ministry of Redeemer East Side and the core theological principles of the Presbyterian Church of America including the Westminster Standards (Confession of Faith, the Larger and Shorter Catechisms).Minimum four years of college as well as extensive ministry experience (two or more years) in community formation. A theological or counseling degree from an accredited seminary is beneficial, but not required. Must be a dependable, team player with ability to take initiative and demonstrate strong communication, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, coupled with the ability to attract, equip, and mobilize lay leaders. Previous leadership and counseling experience is a plus. Work hours are generally flexible yet must be available for some evening and weekend meetings.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill set; experience and training; licensure, certifications, and ordination; and other organizational needs.
How To Apply
Please apply for this role directly via this link: https://eastsideredeemer.apscareerportal.com/j/01k6fwr