The Director of Community Life oversees the church’s community group and other community-related ministries (midsize, engagement, large gatherings).
The Director helps gather, form, and sustain welcoming communities that engage Cambridge and the surrounding areas.
This person will work closely with the Senior Pastor and other CTK staff and ministry leaders over the course of a term limited, 2 year role.
Position: Community Life Director
Duration: Term limited, 2 years
Work Hours: Part-time (25 hrs per week)
Reports to: Senior Pastor
This position is open to both ordained and non-ordained people.
The Director of Community Life oversees the church’s community group and other community-related ministries (midsize, engagement, large gatherings). The Director helps gather, form, and sustain welcoming communities that engage Cambridge and the surrounding areas. This person works closely with the Senior Pastor and other CTK staff and ministry leaders.
Year 1 & 2:
Oversee the Community Group (CG) system
- CG Vision | Collaborate on a vision for CG ministry and plan ministry year activities with the Senior Pastor
- Develop Leaders | Recruit and equip CG leaders through gatherings, training, and resources
- Support Leaders | Meet with CG leaders for coaching, support, care, and discipleship
- Quality | Visit each CG annually (or more if needed) for observation and support
- CG Outreach | Inspire and guide missional and evangelistic efforts in collaboration with the Senior Pastor
- Staff | Actively participate in staff meetings
Develop the community life of CTK
- Goals | Collaborate with Senior pastor and other relevant ministry leaders on annual goals for overall community ministry
- Systems | Evaluate and improve the ways people connect with our church body.
- Coordinate | Work with other CTK ministry leaders to improve how we integrate visitors into our community
Evaluate and Explore CG vitality, neighbor engagement & outreach
- Evaluate | In collaboration with staff and ministry leaders, evaluate the current state of CTK’s CGs and it’s neighbor engagement and identity 1 to 2 target areas for growth
- Partnerships | Under the direction and supervision of the Session’s Missions Committee identify and explore potential partnerships with local neighborhood leaders (such as non-profits, churches, and government agencies) to connect congregants to service and engagement opportunities
- Mobilization | Recruit 4 to 5 congregants to become volunteer leaders in support of the on-going growth and outreach of CTK’s community life.
Expand CG vitality, neighbor engagement, service & outreach
- Expand | Strive (in God’s empowerment) to meaningfully expand the targeted areas for growth identified in year 1
- Partnerships | Under the direction and supervision of the Session’s Missions Committee initiate and develop the partnerships identified and explored in year 1 with the help of the 4 to 5 recruited volunteer leaders
- Outreach | Collaboratively plan or enhance 1 to 2 community outreach/engagement events or programs with the help of CGs and the 4 to 5 recruited volunteer leaders
- Mobilization | Mentor and support the 4 to 5 new volunteer leaders in growing their awareness, impact and knowledge of gospel-centered community life.
- Aligned with the core theological principles of the Presbyterian Church of America, (including the Westminster Confession) and CTK Cambridge.
- Undergraduate degree
- Previous experience leading or helping with church community life systems and programming
- Able to independently pursue congregants, leaders, and the responsibilities of the role
- Able to wisely and graciously navigate interpersonal relationships
- Able to maintain a regular presence at CTK Sunday worship services
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Work hours are generally flexible, yet must be available for some evening and weekend meetings
- Proficient in GSuite (Google docs, etc.) and ability to use Slack
- Ability to work collaboratively and interface with other ministries
- Agreement with CTK staff policies
Compensation: $32,500 per year
Ministry Budget: $5,000 per year (professional budget for meals, meetings, materials, etc.)
Potential additional benefits*:
- Mentored Ministry for seminary credit (in cooperation with seminary reqs.)
- Help preparing for Ordination
*Pending availability and circumstances
Send resumes with subject line, “CTK Community Life Director Application + [your name]” to: [email protected]
How To Apply
Please send a resume with subject line, “CTK Community Life Director Application + [add your name]\” to: [email protected].