Work Hours: Full-time
Approx. Salary Range: $66,500 – $70,000 / year
The Community Ministry Associate builds the church’s community-related ministries for young adults and women (midsize, engagement, cohort, large gatherings). The Ministry Associate helps gather, form, and sustain welcoming communities that engage our congregation. This person works closely with other community pastoral team members on wider church discipleship and pastoral care efforts.
- Develop | Collaborate with Sr Dir of Community to develop annual goals for community ministry.
- 20s/30s | Facilitate the core 20s/30s ministry programs with lay leaders.
- Advise | Support lay leaders who lead various 20s/30s ministries.
- Recruit | Gather and follow up with young adults who are starting to get involved.
- Connect | Initiate contact with new visitors or and respond to online questions about the church.
- Discipleship | Maintain ongoing proactive discipleship and pastoral care of young adults.
- Systems | Evaluate and improve the ways that people connect with our church body.
- Programs | Facilitate the core women’s and mom’s ministry programs with lay leaders.
- Advise | Support lay leaders who lead various women’s ministries.
- Discipleship | Maintain ongoing relationships with young adult women and moms as needed.
- Cohort | Participate in the Gotham cohort. Weekly Sunday afternoon and 1x/month Saturday.
- Staff | Actively participate in full staff, pastoral care team, 1:1, and other staff gatherings.
- Teaching | Substitute or teach in ongoing classes as needed.
- Worship | Lead Sunday worship at worship services as needed.
- Aligned with the core theological principles of Redeemer West Side and the Presbyterian Church of America, including the Westminster Confession.
- Undergraduate degree required. Master’s Degree in ministry, theology, or a related preferred.
- Previous ministry leadership and pastoral experience.
- Strong gathering ability to take the initiative and pursue congregants and leaders.
- Able to navigate and affirm a city-positive approach to ministry in New York City.
- Engaging, encouraging, experienced, and wise in individual pastoral responsibilities.
- Previous experience building systems and setting programming.
- Must be a dependable team player and self-starter.
- Proven ability to navigate interpersonal relationships.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Work hours are generally flexible, yet must be available for some evening and weekend meetings.
- Proficient in GSuite (Google docs, etc.) and ability to use messaging and pro.
- Ability to work collaboratively and interface with other ministries and congregations.
- Agreement with Redeemer West Side staff policies, including the intellectual property policy.
How To Apply
Please apply using this link: