Date Posted: February 27, 2023
Hours Per Week: 40
Gospel Community Church
Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Job Type: Lead/Head/Senior Pastor
Launched in 2012, GCC is a growing, gospel-centered church of about 60 mature adults, young career adults and families.
Primary Responsibilities of the Congregation Pastor:
- Oversight of community (as part of the leadership team).
- Teaching and preaching.
- Pastoral care.
- Empowering members for service.
- Discipleship and catechism.
- Coordination of volunteers.
- Oversee worship ministry.
- Connecting people to God in worship.
- Connecting people to one another in community.
- Connecting people to the needs of the city.
- Connecting people to their vocational lives as followers of Jesus Christ.
Competencies and Attributes
- A devoted follower of Jesus Christ.
- Mature Christian character.
- Humble servant leader.
- Committed to team leadership.
- Align with the mission and vision of the community.
- Well-developed preaching and teaching skills.
- Highly relational and caring.
- Skill in working in a multicultural and cross-cultural setting.
- Comfortable working with other partners (e.g. schools, NGOs, churches, etc.).
- Ability in Cantonese/Putonghua would be helpful but not essential.
- Competent administrative skills.
Education and Experience
- Master’s of Divinity.
- 5-10 years of ministry experience.
- Experience in leading a congregation in a team.
- Experience working in an Asian context (especially Hong Kong) would be helpful.
How To Apply
To apply please contact [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.