Are you someone who knows that words and details matter? Do you enjoy speaking in front of a crowd and helping others communicate well? Are you excited by the idea of creating and implementing a content and communications strategy to support a grander vision and help people engage with their local church? Would you like the opportunity to share your creative gifts and talents with a church community that takes Jesus and the Bible very seriously but doesn’t take itself too seriously? (If so, we think you should check out the job description below.)
Lake Forest Church is seeking a creative and proactive staff member to join its growing team. This job is perfect for anyone who loves Jesus and enjoys working in an exciting, creative, and collaborative environment as we seek to help people discover and live out their role in God’s story. If the idea of doing that excites you, we’d love to hear from you.
Founded in February 2014, Lake Forest Church – WestLake is a part of the Lake Forest Family of Churches (www.lakeforest.org) in the N. Charlotte, NC region. In August of 2021 we moved into our brand new 18000 sq/ft facility. We currently have two worship services on Sundays, with 500+ in attendance each weekend. We continue to see new folks joining each week and are excited to see the continued growth that God has for us as we reach out in love and service to our community.
About the Role:
The Content and Communications Strategist will oversee and ensure the implementation of a strategy for Lake Forest WestLake’s Content (all written and visual language and media) and Communications (the way that content is used and shared). This person will work alongside the Lead Pastor and Creative Team to create and curate content for use in Sunday morning services, events, and all digital and print platforms. This person will also manage the communication of all content for Lake Forest Church – WestLake ministries on all platforms (web, print, Sunday mornings, and e-mail). This person will ensure
that there is robust, developmental, and relevant content and clear, helpful communication to the church, compelling communication to the broader community, and that the tone and message of all communication fits with our Lake Forest Vision and Values. The Content and Communications Strategist will also be responsible for knowing what is happening in all areas of ministry, supporting each area in their promotional needs, and designing an integrated plan for communicating and promoting to the church and community. This is a Strategist role, meaning that in all job responsibilities, this person should be operating within a clear, innovative, and creative strategy for
both content and communications that supports the vision of the Lead Pastor and culture of Lake Forest Church.
- Develop and execute church-wide strategy for content and communication.
- Oversee and maintain Lake Forest Church – WestLake website.
- Manage Graphic Design and promotional needs for all digital and printed materials (ability to utilize Canva graphics program to generate simple graphics as needed, however no professional graphic design experience is required).
- Write and manage church-wide publications and communications.
- Craft hosting language for Sunday morning and equip the service host(s).
- Plan and execute marketing campaigns for Christmas, Easter, and special events.
- Support each ministry area of Lake Forest through the ideation and execution of ministry specific and church-wide promotional and communication efforts.
- Manage content and oversee Lake Forest WestLake social media accounts.
- Be an active member of the service planning/Creative Team, serving as primary language crafter for sermon series’, initiatives, and church culture.
- Manage and oversee all video story telling projects.
- Curate and manage all content beyond Sunday morning, including articles, Next Steps resources, and a podcast.
- Attend/serve at church on Sunday mornings and attend all required staff meetings.
- Demonstrates excellent written communication skills.
- Ministry minded; has a passion for seeing people find and follow Jesus.
- High level of competency in public speaking and compelling communication.
- Keen eye for design and esthetic elements.
- Effective at managing details and information.
- High aptitude for computer software (tech savvy).
- Critical thinker who is able to innovate and strategize.
- Understanding of, or ability to learn and carry, Lake Forest DNA and culture.
- Enjoys collaborating with other team members.
- Can handle working on multiple projects at one time.
Reporting Relationships/ Qualifications:
- This person will report directly to the LFC-WestLake Creative Producer.
- A collegial spirit is a must as the Content and Communications Strategist will work regularly with all other staff at LFC.
- Education/Training: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- College education or previous Communications experience preferred, but not required.
This staff position is a full-time position (40-45 hours per week), and the salary is in keeping with regional salaries for similar roles in churches of our size. The standard work week at LFC is Sunday –Thursday. Benefits such as fully paid health insurance, LTD, Life and ADD coverage, paid vacation, retirement plan, etc.
How To Apply
Does that sound awesome to you? Here’s how to take the next step:
Email your Cover Letter and Resume to [email protected].