Coordinator and Leader of Worship
Reports to: Adam Mumpower, Senior Pastor
Classification: Part-Time Ministry Staff and potential Pastoral Internship if applicable
Hours per week: 15-20
Church of the Redeemer is a PCA church located in Indian Trail, NC and is a member of the Central Carolina Presbytery. We are currently looking for a Coordinator and Leader of Worship. We have a contemporary worship style while still embracing traditional melodies.
Description and Responsibilities
- Lead the congregation in worship and train and schedule others for this responsibility.
- Utilizing Planning Center:
- Select music and build the church service.
- Communicate the worship plans to participants.
- Run worship rehearsals while coordinating with Tech Director and booth personnel.
- Make sure all elements of the service are ready and lead the pre-worship meeting.
- Create the ProPresentor slides file for each worship service.
- Work with the Tech Director to ensure the stage is set up properly prior to the service.
- Manage the church’s CCLI Licenses and Copyright information.
- Maintain a library of music while finding/charting new music and phasing out old music.
- Recruit, disciple, train, and schedule musicians for services.
- Manage the hiring of extra musicians as needed for services.
- Plan additional services (Tenebrae, Christmas Eve, Funerals, Weddings, etc.).
- Maintain and inventory all Church owned musical equipment.
- Maintain the budget, equipment maintenance, and licensing for the music ministry.
- Ability to lead worship with proficiency in an instrument (preferably piano or guitar).
- Experience in the field of music and worship including applicable theory knowledge.
- Ability to plan, organize, direct and help implement a worship service.
- Experience running rehearsals and working with a team of musicians.
- Technology knowledge: Planning Center and ProPresenter.
Position comes with hourly pay and/or opportunity for potential Pastoral Internship and Seminary Scholarship/Tuition Assistance if applicable.
How To Apply
Submit bio/resume to Senior Pastor Adam Mumpower: [email protected].