Korean Evangelical Church of New York (Hanbit Church)
Hanbit Church, a member of KECA (Korean Evangelical Church of America) is located in Elmhurst, New York. Average attendance runs around 120 each week across all services both from Korean and English-speaking congregations in the church.
We are seeking the right candidate who can provide leadership in Children/Youth Ministry and Programs. This oversight role includes preaching, teaching, working with and equipping staff and volunteers as well as pastoring students and parents participating in this ministry.
Director of Children/Youth Ministry (Full-Time/ Part-Time)
- A calling to pastoral ministry with heart for children and youth.
- A lifestyle congruent with biblical requirements of leaders.
- A minister with a degree from accredited seminaries.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Outgoing, relationally-oriented, and enthusiastic personality.
- Preach and teach youth students through weekly meetings, Sundays and routine special events.
- Develop and disciple a group of student leaders.
- Plan and execute weekly/monthly/yearly events that are biblically and culturally relevant and also align with the mission and core values of Hanbit Church.
- Design, plan, and conduct periodic parent meetings in order to identify and meet the needs and expectations of families.
$2,000 monthly (toll fee will be provided).
How To Apply
- Personal statement (including family background, Statement of Faith, calling)
- One recommendation letter
Please submit your resume and personal statement to Rev. Jung at [email protected]. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Korean Evangelical Church of NY
88-22 Corona Ave., Elmhurst, NY 11373