The Director of Children’s Ministries reports to the lead pastor of Holland’s United Methodist Church. The Director of Children’s Ministries will provide leadership to nurture an authentic faith in God in our children from birth through fifth grade. This person shall seek to foster Christian discipleship through relationships with children and their families to strengthen their commitment to Christ and the church.
Personal and Spiritual:
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Full engagement in active Christian lifestyle and discipleship, including regular worship attendance, small group participation, lifestyle of generosity, and serving out of call and giftedness
- Is in full alignment with / support of the vision and direction of HUMC
- Models standards and expectations of Christian leadership, including positivity and professionalism
- Plan, coordinate, and implement the ongoing ministries for children including, but not limited to Nursery, Sunday School, Children’s Church, Vacation Bible School, mid-week program, and mission opportunities. Plan, coordinate, and implement special events including, but not limited to, camps, retreats, mission activities and celebrations around Christmas and Easter and other events involving children as needed.
- Actively pursue outreach opportunities to draw families into the life of Holland’s UMC so that they may experience the grace of Christ.
- Recruit, develop, and support the volunteer leadership team from among the adults and youth of Holland’s Church.
- Plan and implement periodic parent meetings to assess needs and expectations, obtain feedback, and provide information to families attending the church.
- Develop and implement new programs to enhance and grow Children’s Ministries.
- Provide children and families with pastoral care, as appropriate.
- Implement and ensure compliance with the Safe Sanctuaries policy and procedures for Children’s Ministries.
- Maintain up-to-date contact information, medical information, etc. for children and their families.
- Develop and maintain a children’s ministry budget with guidance by the Financial Associate.
- Coordinates, schedules, and supervises nursery staff
- Coordinate childcare and children’s activities for church sponsored functions and events.
- Attend weekly Ministry Support Team (MST) meetings.
- Participate in planning meetings and opportunities of any group that involve the children of the church.
- Ensure that all information concerning children’s ministry and associated \\\\ ministries/missions are publicized to the children’s parents and the congregation through various channels including, but not limited to, monthly HUMC newsletter, worship bulletins and appropriate social media.
- Respond to guests with children from birth through grade 5
- Keep the Church Council informed on the vision and ministries taking place in your work area.
- Work closely with other staff (particularly youth minister) in planning and coordinating ministry
Education, Experience, and/or Qualification Requirements:
- Clear Background check, state and national
- Possesses the ability and desire to work with children and families.
- Desires to be part of a team ministry. Experience working in a group environment preferred.
- Communicates clearly and effectively in verbal and written form.
- Possesses the skills to recruit and equip volunteers in the Children’s Ministry.
- Educational background or experience with children and/or youth. Degree preferred.
- Church related work (either as an employee or a volunteer) preferred.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to perform tasks independently.
- Knowledge of multimedia preferred or a demonstrated ability to learn, as well as computer literacy.
- The Lead Pastor and SPRC (Staff-Parish Relations Committe) partner will conduct an annual evaluation or more frequently as needed, at the discretion of the Lead Pastor and SPRC.
- The employee may request a meeting with the SPRC partner at any time.
This position allows for vacation with pay as stated in the Personnel Policies of Holland\\\’s United Methodist Church.
Estimated Hours Required
It is anticipated this position will require approximately 40 hours per week.
Commensurate with education and experience.
General Information Concerning Position
The general responsibilities and terms are subject to change at the discretion of the SPRC and/or the Lead Pastor. This position serves at the pleasure of the church. The employee may terminate his/her employment with HUMC at any time with a minimum of four weeks notice. HUMC reserves the right to terminate employment at any time.
How To Apply
Send application to [email protected].