The purpose of the Director of Children’s Ministries is to develop and oversee the ministries to the children of First Baptist Church of Olathe, birth through fifth grade. The intent is to nurture life-long followers of Christ within the context of Christian Community. This will be accomplished by working closely with the Lead Pastor, staff, and volunteers to design and implement ministries that help to shape our children’s sense of identity, belonging, and purpose.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To be an active follower of Christ whose words and way of life reflect it.
- To recruit, equip, empower, and supervise volunteer staff.
- To build relationships with children and their parents.
- To equip and empower parents to effectively disciple their children.
- To oversee and coordinate all children’s programs, including but not limited to Sunday morning Equip, Children’s church, Vacation Bible School and other special activities throughout the year such as family fun nights, Trunk or Treat, Christmas, Easter Egg Hunt, Palm Sunday.
- To administer a structured children’s ministry around Biblical principles found in Scripture.
- To develop and maintain the budget for the Children’s Ministries Department.
- To work closely with other staff members in fulfilling the vision and mission of the church.
- To partner with pastoral staff to provide pastoral care to children and their families.
- To advocate for and work towards the integration and connection of our children within the larger church body.
- To work cooperatively with the Connections Preschool Director and staff.
- To work cooperatively with Nursery Attendant.
- A person in agreement with the church Mission Statement, Core Values, and Vision.
- A demonstrated calling to minister to children and their parents.
- A person who is patient, compassionate, and creative.
- A person passionate about serving the Lord by serving others.
- A person passionate about equipping and empowering others to use their gifting.
- The ability to adapt for a specific audience, occasion and/or medium.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work closely with Lead Pastor, other staff, volunteers, and church leadership.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Classroom management skills.
- Understanding people with special needs including but not limited to those on the Spectrum.
- A working knowledge of child development.
- Understanding of generational distinctions and ability to work across them.
- Must pass a background check.
- A bachelor’s degree in children’s ministry, education, or related discipline.
- 2 years working in children’s ministry in a Christian setting.
- Willingness to adapt to the changing personalities and needs of the group.
- 2 years working with people with special needs including but not limited to those on the Spectrum.
- A person who is familiar working with databases, such as Planning Center Online.
- Ability to work with social media and multimedia platforms.
Classification, Compensation, and Accountabilities
- Employment Category: Hourly / Part-Time.
- Hours: Average hours 20 – Sundays required, remaining work hours are flexible.
- Pay Range: $22 – 27.50 per hour.
- May work from home some of the time.
- 2 weeks’ vacation/year.
- Paid holidays and sick leave per personnel handbook.
- Reports to Lead Pastor.
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected].