Director of Communications and Hospitality
Date Posted: April 13, 2023
Hours Per Week: 40–50
Trinity Presbyterian Church
Charlottesville, VA, USA
Job Type: Other Professional Ministry Positions
The Director of Communications and Hospitality will further the vision of Trinity Presbyterian Church through the implementation of a clear and creative communication strategy, the cultivation of a hospitable environment at church gatherings, and the welcome and assimilation of visitors and new members into the community and ministries of Trinity.
- Full-time Director
- Basic office schedule 4–5 weekdays, Sunday mornings, some evening meetings
- 40–50 hours per week (hours above 40 to be given to participation in the life of the church)
- Member of Trinity Leadership Team.
- Willingness to adhere to PCA polity and theology.
- Worship at Trinity Presbyterian Church and pursue membership.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to effectively and efficiently edit, draft, create, and publish written communications.
- Aptitude to learn and utilize various communication technologies.
- Event management: coordination of schedule, staff, volunteers, vendors, speakers, etc.
- Thoughtful, mature walk with Christ and a deep love for His church.
- Relational gifts to welcome, build relationships, and work with a diversity of people.
- Organization and diligence in completing detailed tasks with an eye for the aesthetic whole.
- Create and publish Trinity Life newsletter, church emails, website updates, social media posts, Sunday.
- Worship and other service bulletins, and other printed materials
- Proactively collaborate with church leadership to determine ongoing communication needs.
- Proactively collaborate with church leadership and developers to enhance online presence.
- Design and implement a culture of hospitality and welcome on Sunday mornings, and assist with sanctuary aesthetics, in coordination with Worship Director(s).
- Participate in the Worship Leadership Team.
- Manage non-liturgical/musical volunteers, and coordinate ASL/accessibility needs and diaconal support for.
- Sunday services
- Coordinate and manage special events at Trinity, including weddings and funerals.
How To Apply
Go to our website to download the application packet. Send resume and cover letter to [email protected].