FLSA Status: Exempt
Hours worked: Full-time (40+ hours)
Salary Range: $75-$90kPosition Summary: The Director of Community Life focuses on engaging both external community efforts, as well as helping strengthen our internal community.
- Community Closet:
- Oversee the ongoing development and execution of the Community Closet.
- Facilitate donation opportunities through REH and other churches.
- Develop relationships with businesses and nonprofits who might be interested. in supporting the closet through donations or be present at the closet with resources.
- Work with volunteers to oversee inventory and closet ministry, such as prayer.
- Work with staff in the development of community outreaches; oversee some initiatives.
- Execute outreaches and initiatives, such as Costumes & Candy, Easter Outreach, Toy Drives, Food Drives, Back to School drives, etc.
- Facilitate and lead the ongoing ministry at the Bowery, and develop a team to volunteer on our scheduled weeks.
- Oversee the ongoing development of REH’s involvement in Care Portal.
- Communicate and work with local neighborhood organizations like Union Settlement to execute occasional collaborative events and quarterly events such as Cash Mobs.
- Oversee Community Groups (CG) and leaders by resourcing and meeting with CG leaders.
- Send a weekly CG study guide.
- Assist Senior Pastor with registration and communications with CG leaders and participants.
- Plan, organize and oversee 3-4 CG events/ministry year.
- Assist diaconate to coordinate care as needed, both through community groups and external partnerships.
- Occasionally lead training or teaching initiatives (classes).
- Preach Sunday morning services occasionally.
- Work with the REH Session, and other leaders, in the development of regular men’s, women’s, and single’s ministries.
- Assist with writing and development of ongoing resources and content for congregants, such a devotionals, articles, and more.
- Maintain a highly visible presence in worship services and congregational events.
- Assist with “upfront” participation on some Sundays, including leading congregational prayer announcements, and possibly occasional preaching.
- Additional task from Senior Pastor and session, as needed.
- Spanish conversant.
- Must embrace Redeemer’s vision and have a gospel-oriented heart for New York City and especially East Harlem.
- Candidates must be aligned with core theological principles of Redeemer and the Presbyterian Church of America, including the Westminster Standards (Confession of Faith, the Larger and Shorter Catechism).
- Excellent communication with strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Theology degree, MA or MDiv preferred; must be willing to move toward Ordination in the PCA or be licensed to preach.
- Some experience working with internal or external community within a church context.
- Experience in community engagement and pastoral care.
- Work hours are generally flexible yet must be available for some evenings and weekend meetings, as well as work on Sundays.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills: the ability to deal with demanding and challenging people and adapt to changes and maintain professionalism during crises or any unexpected situations.
- Must be a team player.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill set; experience and training; licensure, certifications, and ordination; and other organizational needs.
How To Apply
Please apply using this link: