Director of Digital Ministry
Union Church is a friendly, English-speaking and interdenominational church in Hong Kong with a vision to build a home in Christ to seek, love and serve God and our neighbors. We look back and embrace our calling as a missional church 175+ years ago, while reaching out today to a city in need of hope through faith in Jesus.
Hong Kong and Union Church are in an exciting season. We are preparing to move into larger, new premises on Kennedy Road on Hong Kong Island later in 2023. Possibilities abound – new ministries, expanding services to Hong Kong and the world, opportunities for all to pursue God-inspired passions for His Kingdom.
Covid spurred a digital transformation in society and Union Church embraced the expansion of its digital ministry to reach people online in Hong Kong, Asia Pacific and around the world. We have formed a digital ministry volunteer team to foster community for people online, promote growth, and expand our digital footprint. We are now creating a new part-time or full-time role for Director of Digital Ministry to lead this effort with the support of the volunteer team.
Learn more about Union Church Hong Kong at www.unionchurchhk.org, and watch our 9:45am Traditional and 11:15am Contemporary Worship services on our YouTube channel. Follow Union Church on Instagram and Facebook.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification, to grow, engage with and deepen the congregation and attract “faith explorers/seekers”.
- Generate, edit, publish and share content (original text, images, video or HTML) in social media (currently Instagram, Facebook and YouTube) that builds meaningful connections and encourages congregants and faith explorers/seekers or people new to Union Church to take “upward faith steps”.
- Moderate live chat during two Sunday services on Facebook and YouTube, providing pastoral guidance and engaging audiences.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information.
- Report to the Senior Pastor and the digital ministry team.
- Collaborate with ministry and communication leaders.
- Vibrant mature Christian Faith.
- Relational with a pastor’s heart.
- Team player with effective communication skills.
- The ability to develop and multiply teams to serve.
- Skills and experience in the technical arts (video production and editing, social media, online church, audio, livestream).
- Has the ability to be a self-starter, problem-solver, and great with follow-through.
- Undergraduate degree or related field preferred.
How To Apply
How to Apply:
Please apply, with a covering letter and your CV, to [email protected] with “Director of Digital Ministry” as the subject header. We offer a competitive package to the right candidate which includes medical insurance, and relocation assistance where needed.