Build, implement, and lead a Family Ministry program consistent with Lake Baldwin Church’s Vision, Mission and Values for Family Ministry (see supplemental document). Leading the Family Ministry at LBC through prayer, personal growth in the gospel, embodying the gospel and the Family Ministry Vision, and casting that vision to the church but especially to families.
- Oversight of Youth and Children’s ministries.
- Hands on involvement in leading Youth Ministries (high school & middle-school) with the assistance of a pastoral intern.
- Supervisory responsibility for all personnel within Youth and Children’s ministries which includes administrative tasks, and coaching in both the gospel and job skills.
- Developing a strategy to equip and engage parents as the primary disciplers of their children.
- Recruiting, training, coaching, and appreciating volunteers and staff.
- Raising up leaders.
- Developing relationships with children, youth and families.
- Work with the Senior Pastor and Staff to ensure coordination and cohesiveness among the various ministries of LBC.
- Responsible for communication related to Family Ministries (email newsletters, social media, videos, Sunday AM announcements).
- Provide pastoral care to children/youth and their families in difficult times.
- Ministers or pastoral candidates will participate in the preaching and teaching ministries of LBC.
Major Programs (not an exhaustive list)
- Sunday evening (and possibly Wednesday evening) Youth groups.
- SPLASH children’s ministry Sunday mornings.
- Summer Camps.
- Fellowship & Outreach events.
- Sunday Morning Bible Study.
- Parenting Seminars.
The ideal candidate would have pastoral experience or is on the track to become an ordained minister. A solid understanding of covenant theology and its practical implications for discipling parents and children/youth is essential. Experience with youth and/or children’s ministry is desirable. The Family Ministry Director should have a passion to see families grow as followers of Jesus.
How To Apply
To apply please send your resume to [email protected].