Director of Ministry
Date Posted: May 2, 2023
Hours Per Week: 40
Midtown Fellowship Church
Nashville, TN, USA
Job Type: Ministry Director
To facilitate deepening congregational care, connection, discipling and shepherding of the 12 South (12S) congregation by supporting demographic ministries, Shepherding Care Team, Prayer Team, and 12S Recovery groups. As well, being a primary point of care to the 12S congregation by meeting with congregants for counsel, discipleship, and spiritual development.
Functions & Responsibilities:
Demographic Ministries (Men’s, Women’s, Original Professional, Recovery, and
- Develop and maintain a strategy for demographic ministries at 12S
- Develop and maintain volunteer core teams
- Manage and support activities, events, and initiatives of demographic ministries at 12S
- Manage related budget needs and coordinate with 12S Team
- Coordinate communications, graphics, etc. for demographic ministries
Shepherding Care Team
- Establish a trained shepherd team to share in the care and counsel of 12S congregation
- Lead shepherd team in gospel based mercy ministry
- Triage/track needs of congregation, coordinate appropriate care amongst shepherding care team, pastors, staff, elders, small group leaders, and refer to outside counseling/resources
- Manage Sunday care presence
- Manage meal trains, financial assistance requests, etc. as warranted
- Assisting in external benevolence requests
- Manage and maintain volunteer core team
- Strategize recruitment of expanding Prayer Team members
- Coordinate triaging prayer needs, crisis needs for Shepherding Care Team engagement
- Meeting with congregants for discipleship and care/counsel
- Coordinating with other 12S team members and lay team members caring for congregants needs
- Building on the existing momentum of Women’s and Original Professionals ministries which are approximately 1 year in from post-covid relaunch.
- Post-covid relaunch of Men’s ministry.
- Managing sustainable growth of Recovery ministry, which is entering 3rd year.
- Building on the existing foundation of the lay Shepherding Care Team to expand lay members, increase visibility, and establish best practices of care.
- Becoming a visible/front facing team member that meets with congregants seeking “pastoral counsel”
- Working with the pastoral team to create and implement new opportunities to mature the congregation through topical workshops and instruction.
How To Apply
Please go the following link to apply: https://midtownfellowship.org/employment/12-south-director-of-ministry/