Director of Next Generation Ministry
The purpose of the Director of Next Generation Ministry is to develop and oversee the ministry to the next generation with intent to create life-long followers of Christ within the context of Christian Community. This will be accomplished by working closely with the Lead Pastor, staff, and volunteers to design and implement ministries that help to shape our youth and children’s sense of identity, belonging, and purpose. The purpose of this part time position will largely be focused on middle and high school aged students. In the future, when resources allow, we see this position expanding to fulltime to take on more duties in our ministries to children and young adults.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To be an active follower of Christ whose words and way of life reflect it.
- To recruit, equip, empower, and supervise volunteer staff.
- To build relationships with middle and high school students and their parents.
- To facilitate youth discussion regarding the interpretation and application of Scripture.
- To lead youth group gatherings and monthly special events.
- To facilitate youth participation in retreats, mission trips, and summer camps.
- To partner with pastoral staff to provide pastoral care to youth and their families.
- To advocate for and work towards the integration and connection of our students within the larger church body.
- At current 90% of time will be spent focusing on middle and high school ministries and 10% of time encouraging and advising children’s and young adult ministry teams.
- A person in agreement with the church Mission Statement, Core Values, and Vision.
- A person passionate about serving the Lord by serving others.
- A person passionate about equipping and empowering others to use their gifting.
- A demonstrated calling to minister to the next generation.
- The ability to adapt for a specific audience, occasion and/or medium.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work closely with Lead Pastor, other staff, volunteers, and church leadership.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Classroom management skills.
- Understanding people with special needs including but not limited to those on the Spectrum.
- Understanding of generational distinctions and ability to work across them.
- Must pass a background check.
- At minimum a bachelor’s degree in youth ministry, education, or related discipline.
- At minimum 2 years on a youth ministry team in a church setting.
- Open to playing board games, cards, and group games with youth.
- Willingness to adapt to the changing personalities and needs of the group.
Classification, Compensation, and Accountabilities
- Employment Category: Hourly / Part-Time.
- Hours: Average hours 20 – Sundays required, remaining work hours are flexible.
- Pay Range: $22 – 27.50 per hour.
- May work from home some of the time.
- 2 weeks’ vacation/year.
- Paid holidays and sick leave per personnel handbook.
- Reports to Lead Pastor.
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Lead Pastor Reed Webster at the following email address [email protected].