Job Title: Director of Operations, HR and Finance
Work Hours: Full-time, 40 hours
About Redeemer Counseling
Redeemer Counseling (RCS) is a professional Christian counseling and training center based in midtown Manhattan. We connect the Gospel and counseling best practices for individuals and churches. Our staff of 40 professionally trained counselors and trainers journey with people to deeper healing and transformation.
The Director of Operations, HR and Finance is a mission-driven and strategic individual who is responsible for overseeing and managing all operations of the organization including Operations, HR, Finance, IT, Systems and Facilities.
- Supervise 2 direct reports who lead the Client Operations team (4 staff including the direct reports) that manages the front desk, intake, scheduling and billing process for clients seeking counseling.
- Provide management support, career development and feedback to the direct reports.
- Supervise Communications Manager who is responsible for internal and external communications.
- Overall responsibility for Facilities in midtown Manhattan offices including lease management and negotiations.
- Manage relationship with Redeemer Central Services IT team on information technology support for the staff and office.
- Develop Operations annual strategy with the team and regularly review, update, and assess progress.
- Member of the Leadership Team and sets the agendas for weekly meetings and annual strategy offsite.
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team to develop strategies and plans to optimize internal operations and efficient workflow across the organization.
- Lead the working group to plan and set agendas for Annual All-Staff meetings and implement regular All-Staff gatherings.
- Assist in setting agendas for weekly Leadership Team meetings and provide leadership throughout the organization.
- Provide oversight of all Human Resource initiatives at RCS.
- In coordination with the Central Services HR Team, lead all recruitment strategies in order to build a strong, diverse and effective staff and culture.
- Communicate with candidates about the structure of counselor pay and career progression.
- Develop strategies to enhance overall employee satisfaction and retention.
- Oversee and manage RCS career trajectory and performance review process.
- In coordination with the Central Services HR Team, participate in compensation reviews and benchmarking to market compensation.
- Oversee and manage annual staff surveys and respond to the results in collaboration with the Leadership Team and staff.
- Ensure strong employee relationships, policies and procedures, and recruitment efforts are in place.
- Collaborate with the Redeemer Central Services Human Resource team on network-wide policies, recruitment, benefit and payroll administration.
- Responsible for oversight of all Finance functions at RCS including policies, procedures and reporting.
- Manage external vendor serving as RCS Bookkeeper.
- Review monthly financial reports and provide regular financial updates to Leadership Team and Redeemer Church Executive Pastor overseeing RCS.
- Manage annual budget process, work with departments to develop and monitor budget.
- Collaborate with the Redeemer Central Services Finance team on reviewing quarterly financials, budget and the annual audit process. Monitor and manage all RCS financial accounts.
- Establish and review fee pricing for counseling and training services.
- Collaborate with Fundraising team on developing budgets for grant applications.
Data & Systems
- Oversee direction, policies, and procedures for RCS data management and systems including compliance to HIPAA requirements.
- Coordinate with Operations, Finance and Fundraising teams to provide data and reports for fundraising purposes.
- Oversee and/or complete projects related to modifying, updating, and improving existing RCS systems and processes.
- Ensure excellent data management, analytics, and business processes are in place.
- Deep commitment to mental health services.
- Identify with the Christian faith, attend a church, and align to the statement of faith for RCS.
- 12+ years of professional experience in nonprofit/business management, operations, human resources, and/or finance.
- 7+ years of experience in directly managing a team of 5 people or more.
- Demonstrated history of operating at Director level and serving in a Leadership Team.
- Demonstrated success leading the assessment, development and implementation of technology, administrative, and organizational development policy improvements.
- Knowledge of performance management best practices; experience setting and monitoring organizational outcomes.
- Ability to work effectively individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to provide leadership, training, coaching, and support across the organization.
- Flexible and adaptable; open to feedback and improvement with positive and humble attitude.
- Proven ability as a project manager, ability to efficiently deliver results in a timely manner.
- Thrives under pressure, remains calm and takes on difficult challenges.
- Resourceful and strategic problem-solving ability; takes initiative with solutions.
- Consistently delivers on deadlines, and ability to take on multiple projects.
- Strong collaborator: ability to work with multiple teams.
- Drive to create systems and continuously improve process.
- Excellent interpersonal and relational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
Annual Salary for 40 hour week position: $90,000 – $105,000
Employee benefits (Approximately annually):
- Paid sick.
- 4 week paid vacation.
- Paid holidays.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance for employee only.
- Life insurance.
- Short-term, Long-term and AD&D insurance.
- A monthly transit card.
- Employer contribution to the Redeemer retirement plan.
- Counseling service.
- Professional development support.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill set; experience and training; licensure, certifications, and ordination; and other organizational needs.
How To Apply
Please apply using this link: