Position: Director of Outreach
Job Type: Full-time (40 hrs/wk)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Missional Pastor
The Director of Outreach will serve as a part of the Missional Team to lead HOPE’s efforts in missions and outreach internationally as well as assist in raising up young mission leaders. HOPE is a church of approximately 5000 people, actively seeking to advance God’s kingdom across cultural and geographic lines. The Director of Outreach will help HOPE increase its effectiveness as a catalytic movement, offering the Gospel to as many people as possible, as creatively as necessary.
Leading Outreach initiatives
- Setting priorities and strategy to accomplish the vision for HOPE Outreach, working with the Missional Pastor and Executive Leadership Team.
- Envisioning and developing new and catalytic endeavors and partnerships that will support HOPE’s work to advance Christ’s Kingdom.
- Establishing and supporting short-term trips and trip leaders for HOPE’s mission teams.
- Collaborate with Missional Coordinator in participating, planning, and implementing local outreach events.
Managing Outreach department
- Providing spiritual leadership and direction for HOPE Outreach, working with staff and volunteers as a team.
- Supporting and communicating with HOPE’s global and local ministry partners; including global visits every three years with a team from HOPE and a local, summer bus tour of Richmond ministry partnerships.
- Developing a Global Workers Summit at HOPE two times a year.
- Recruiting, equipping, and mobilizing volunteers for the Outreach ministry through quarterly in-person mission classes; a digital missions trip training program; and an online outreach course after Discover HOPE attendance.
- Overseeing and managing the Outreach budget, including an annual $100k project spanning a 2–3-week promotional emphasis, and a monthly, family-oriented outreach project and giving opportunity.
- Working with the Communications team to promote HOPE’s outreach vision and activity.
- Managing incoming partnership requests and coordinating support through finances, volunteers, prayer, and communications.
- Planning, coordinating, and executing short-term church mission trips in accordance with HOPE’s mission, vision, and values.
- A mature and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Can fully support the vision, mission, values, theology, and methodology of HOPE.
- Must have a mature grasp of and ability to teach the Bible, particularly related to the work of expanding God’s kingdom.
- Proven ability to plan and implement programs, equip volunteer staff, and work with community organizations to carry out outreach efforts.
- Wise stewardship of complex financial situations including budgeting.
- Project, detail, and task-oriented, able to manage multiple priorities.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and effective mobilization skills.
- Excellent leadership, administration, and communication skills.
- Domestic and international travel required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Seminary or Ministry degree preferred.
- Ministry experience in outreach, missions, or related field.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, sometimes to impoverished areas
Expected Hours of Work
- 40 hours per week, to include:
- Sundays 7:45a-12p
- Monday – Thursday 9a-5p