The Director of Student Ministries will provide leadership to the areas of middle and high school ministry at Grace Church
The Director of Student Ministries brings leadership, vision, and pastoral care to the youth (6th-12th grade students) of Grace Church and will provide oversight to all student programs and activities.
Required Character Traits
- A vibrant and growing relationship with Christ as evidenced by participating in corporate worship, personal study of scripture, prayer, community, and accountability.
- Become a member of Grace Church, affirming our belief statement, vision, values, philosophy of ministry, and fulfilling the expectations of all Grace Church members.
- Fulfill the qualifications of an elder/pastor as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-8 and Titus 1:5-9.
Essential Duties as Director of Student Ministries
- Develop vision, direction, and curriculum for Student Ministries that is in line with Grace Church’s vision and core values.
- Recruit, train, and mentor volunteer student ministry leaders.
- Provide spiritual and pastoral oversight to students in 6th-12th grade.
- Oversee a weekly midweek student gathering that incorporates teaching of the Bible, worship, and community.
- Teach at a majority of the midweek gatherings while equipping and giving teaching opportunities to others who are gifted and mature enough to do so.
- Develop and implement means to equip student leaders.
- Create programs/activities (groups, retreats, mission trips, special activities, etc) that are specific to both the middle school and high school age group.
- Lead the Student Ministry Team and hold meetings once a month.
- Interact with the church body and collaborate with other ministries in order to incorporate students into the life of Grace Church.
- Maintain regular communication with students, parents, and volunteers in order to keep them up to date on all ministry happenings.
- Create an annual budget for Student Ministries and manage its finances.
- Equip members to make, mature and multiply disciples.
- Provide pastoral counseling as needed.
- Perform Weddings, Funerals and Hospital Visits as a way of ministering to the church body.
- Attend all staff meetings and prayer meetings.
How To Apply
If interested, please click here