Essential Job Responsibilities with Percentage of Time
Leadership and Vision: 10%
- Develop annual goals for Women’s Ministry in support of the church wide vision and priorities.
- Communicate vision to the church and specifically women in the church to engage them in the vision.
- Collaborate with pastors and church leadership to ensure concerns specific to women are acknowledged and included in churchwide decisions.
- Lead and collaborate with the Women’s Council by providing vision for Women’s Ministry and setting clear roles and responsibilities for council members.
- Set the vision for programs and events to meet the needs of the women of First Pres and work with the Women’s Ministry Administrative Assistant and Women’s Council to execute.
- Cast vision and develop outreach opportunities that are unique to women and align with First Pres’s Outreach Ministry (currently LILY Moms and Walton Oaks).
- Identify and implement ways for women to build relationships with each other.
- Direct Ladies Night Out Coordinator in program development, event support, and preparation and attend events when possible.
- Direct Noteworthy newsletter editor on content creation and final edits approval.
- Direct Women’s Council in annual retreat or conference planning.
- Oversee development and creation of social media content for the women’s page.
- Support and guide LILY Moms Leadership.
- Lead and initiate women’s staff gatherings.
- Identify, train, and develop women leaders within their gifting and ability.
- Recruit and train Women Shepherds.
- Lead Women’s Shepherding Team (WST) and serve as a shepherd to these women.
- Direct training and onboarding for new Women Shepherds’ class over 8-week curriculum.
- Attend monthly Leadership/Shepherding Meetings and lead WST continuing education during business meeting months.
- Communicate care needs with appropriate WST, Elders, and Deacons.
- Lead alongside Shepherding Pastor in annual storyboard training with WST.
- Attend weekly shepherding meeting to debrief care cases.
- Identify and resource women-specific G3 groups; develop and provide group resources and materials.
- Lead Quarterly G3 training with Shepherding Pastor.
- Systematically pray over the women of First Pres.
- Be available to teach Sunday School, Wednesday morning Bible Study, Women’s Shepherds training class.
Participate in the Executive Leadership Team: 5%
- Work with the ELT to represent women-specific matters and to work on larger church wide matters.
Represent First Pres to Outside Groups: 5%
- Speak at denomination, Presbytery, and local events and serve on appropriate committees as time allows and as approved by the Associate Pastor for Shepherding.
- Manage women’s ministry budget.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Care/ formation team meeting, staff meetings, Executive Leadership Team, and other meetings as needed.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please reply by sending the following information via email to Liz Reid at [email protected] :
- A current copy of your resume listing all previous employment, education, and references.
- Links to any of your teaching or presentations.
You can view and download the complete position packet here: https://firstpresaugusta.org/job-openings/