Director of Worship Ministry
Community Bible Church of Williamstown
Bridges Road, Williamstown, MA 01267
Community Bible Church (CBC) is seeking a part-time/full-time staff member with primary responsibility over all aspects of worship ministry. We are looking for a musically gifted, spiritually mature, biblically grounded Christ follower to lead our worship ministry under the direction of our Pastor and in collaboration with our Deacon of Worship. We are a multi-generational, multiracial church that desires to be a community where people share and experience God’s love as we follow Jesus and serve our region. By God’s grace and the work of the Holy Spirit, even with some pandemic turnover, roughly one third of our congregation is new to CBC in the past three years. Rooted in a New England college town and with 150-200 Sunday attendees, CBC has tremendous opportunities to continue to bring the Gospel to our community.
CBC’s Vision for the DWM Position (DWM part-time position or DWM full-time staff member position):
We are committed to worship that is centered on God’s person and work and that is varied in style and genre. This commitment comes from:
- Our understanding of the nature and purpose of worship
- Our make-up as a multi-generational church
As such, we are seeking a DWM to further our Worship Ministry by leading blended worship services and growing our current music ministry. This position requires leading in a variety of ways (song, prayer, confession, meditation on God’s Word) and in a variety of styles.
Current Activities of the DWM:
- Coordinate with the preaching Elder – choosing worship songs and setting the order of service
- Coordinate with the service leader – setting the order and choosing scripture for the movements of the worship service
- Lead practice with other musicians and singers
- Format and print the weekly bulletin for the worship service
- Coordinate and collaborate with the church technical ministry team
- Lead Sunday morning music ministry and/or worship service as appropriate
- Coordinate and lead special services
Other Skills and Responsibilities of the DWM:
- Play and lead worship with guitar and preferably the piano as well.
- Develop a process to regularly identify and deploy new volunteers in the church’s music ministry
- Shepherd, train, and manage the volunteer worship teams.
- Develop ways to enhance the non-musical worship experiences of the church.
- Seek opportunities to expand music ministry with youth group and with Williams College students
- Assist staff/volunteers working in community outreach, missions, administration or other areas of need
- Demonstrate vocal, instrumental, and song leading skill with proficiency in reading and teaching music
- Some formal training in music (specifically church music) is preferred
This role reports directly to the Pastor and requires a self-starter who works with some oversight but is motivated to work with others in supporting the church as we worship God together. It also involves assisting, supporting, and directing others who may partner with you in this work.
Salary and Benefits:
- $35,000 to $55,000 depending on experience, education, and other areas of ministry strength
- Standard benefit package including sick/vacation time, 401k, health insurance, etc.
How To Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected].