Director of Youth and Families
Community Bible Church of Williamstown
Bridges Road, Williamstown, MA 01267
Community Bible Church (CBC) is seeking a full-time staff member with primary responsibility over all aspects of youth and family programming. We are looking for an outgoing, team-oriented, spiritually mature, biblically grounded Christ follower to take the lead in partnering with parents and church members in the discipleship training of our youth. We are a multi-generational, multiracial church that desires to be a community where people share and experience God’s love as we follow Jesus and serve our region. By God’s grace and the work of the Holy Spirit, even with some pandemic turnover, roughly one third of our congregation is new to CBC in the past three years. Rooted in a New England college town and with 150-200 Sunday attendees, CBC has tremendous opportunities to continue to bring the Gospel to our community.
CBC’s Vision for the DYF Position:
We long to establish and sustain a Youth and Family program where family units are catalyzed to be partners in ministry and not simply objects of ministry. Oftentimes youth group members who are treated as objects of ministry struggle to thrive as members of God’s family in a post youth group world. We believe that youth and family programs should engage students for the purpose of growing and maturing in Christ, partner with families to live missionally, and actively bring our students into the greater body of Christ as we partner with God in bringing God’s kingdom to earth.
Current Activities of the Youth and Families Ministry:
- Youth group of approximately 25-30 students ranging from 13-18 years of age that meets monthly
- Middle School boys group of 8-12 that meets bi-weekly
- High School boys group of 8-12 that meets bi-weekly
- Middle and High School girls group of 5-10 that meets bi-weekly
- Sunday School that meets weekly consisting of 5 youth classes and 2 adult classes totaling over 50 people including almost 20 volunteers (2 deacons oversee the Children’s Education Program)
Areas for Growth – CBC would like to grow people and programs inside and outside the church with consideration for the following:
- Encourage parental and inter-generational involvement in our youth program
- Youth events that incorporate service – both within the church and locally in our community
- Increase/create opportunities for retreats and both local and short term missions
- Work within our church to facilitate fellowship, discipleship, training, and service projects for parents and families together
- Work with parents (and/or grandparents and guardians) to connect them with resources and assistance in discipling children.
- Other events and programs not listed but that are agreed upon by the Pastor and the DYF
This role reports directly to the Pastor and requires a self-starter who works with some oversight but is motivated to create new programs and spend time with people inside and outside the church community. It also involves assisting, supporting, and directing others who may partner with you in this work.
Salary and Benefits:
- $45,000 to $60,000 depending on experience, education, and other areas of ministry strength
- Standard benefit package including sick/vacation time, 401k, health insurance, etc.
How To Apply
Email your cover letter and resume to [email protected].