A great opportunity to come join the Union Church Leadership Team. We are looking for a director of youth and family who wants to serve in ministry. We have existing youth and children’s programs, which are currently small, so would love for you to come and help build them further. We look forward to seeing what God has in store for our church and youth through our efforts together.
This position will support the Pastor as director of youth and family and lead teachers and those children in grades K-12 to experience Jesus through ministry programming and other avenues. You will work with and supervise volunteers.
Filling in to preach for the Pastor if you wish to develop your preaching, there may be more opportunities if desired.
- Be in whole-hearted agreement with Union Church’s (UC) Statement of Faith, Church Covenant, Vision and Mission. Please see these documents attached (or see sofox.org).
- Develop a vision for the ministry in alignment with UC mission
- Lead and facilitate weekly youth or children’s group gatherings, Bible studies and discipleship with primary focus on leading young people to know Christ as Savior and growing in that relationship
- Develop and lead quarterly children’s outreach events
- Establish and maintain healthy, caring relationships with them, ensuring personal care and attention towards their spiritual formation and discipleship
- Under the guidance of the pastor, lead and plan retreats (2 per year; Winter and Summer Retreats/Camps) and/or mission trips/community service or other special projects as able
- Build relationships with parents and provide excellent communication with them. Provide counsel where appropriate and training for parents of as requested and offer resources for building faith at home
- Maintain the ministry’s online presence (Instagram, Facebook etc.)
- Recruit, evaluate and approve volunteers from within the church body to serve in the church’s youth ministry
- Be trained in and train and review the Union Church Child Care Policy with volunteer leaders yearly and as needed (i.e. new volunteer joins mid-year)
- In conjunction with the church, help facilitate evangelistic efforts to reach out to the surrounding community
- As far as possible, ensure the ministry is integrated into the life of the church as a whole
- Attend and participate in worship services as requested
- Be part of leadership meetings
- Committed, born-again Christian, Biblically knowledgeable, and of good reputation (1Timothy 3:1-7). In good standing with family and community
- Morally pure with a commitment to personal spiritual growth
- Possessing a genuine love for people with absolutely pure motivations, and models Christ’s love, grace and mercy through words and actions
- Gifted in connecting with students and parents
- Communicate well with leadership of the church
- Strong desire to minister to younger people
- Relevant ministry degree is preferred/helpful, but not required
- Experience in working with youth is preferred.
- Recommendations requested
Hours and Compensation: 35 hours a week. Compensation includes an hourly rate, housing allowance, health insurance, paid vacation time and compensation time for time served during camps/retreats.
How To Apply
Interested individuals are encouraged to send a resume to:
Director of Youth and Family
384 South St.
Foxborough, MA 02035
or Email at [email protected]