Church of the Atonement is seeking a full time Director of Youth Ministries to work alongside our NextGen ministry to see our students follow Jesus for a lifetime. We are seeing exciting growth in our middle and high school programs, and believing that church youth ministry plays an important role in helping our students cultivate a love for Christ, we are ready to move into the next phase of ministry.
This new Director of Youth Ministries will partner with our church, our families, our teams, and the Holy Spirit to assist in the discipleship of our students.
We seek a person that senses a call to establish and invest in relationships with our students; that will shepherd our students and ministry team; lead by example what it means to follow Christ; help recruit and support our programs; and help train and support all involved in the youth ministry.
The DYM will work alongside Next Generation Ministries and the Youth Ministry team with a primary focus on:
- Establishing relationship with and investing in the lives of students and their families.
- Shepherding the efforts of the student ministry to build relationships with and equip students.
- Leading by example of a vibrant and fun, Gospel-focused, devotion and love for Christ.
- Recruiting, supporting, and training leaders and volunteers from the congregation.
- Assisting with the training and equipping of families to disciple their children as described in the vision for Next Generation ministries.
The DYM acts as the face of the student ministry at Atonement, prioritizing time leading and equipping others to lead in the areas of Discipleship, Teaching, Planning, Administration, and Communication, and Personal Training:
Leadership: The DYM Director of Youth Ministry will lead and oversee the programs and people of the student ministry. This will include all the people involved in the ministry (i.e., students, parents, and volunteers/leaders) as well as oversight of the programs (Hangtime, Connect Groups, Sunday School, student leadership, events, and trips).
Equipping and Training: In conjunction with the Associate Pastor of NextGen Ministry, the DYM will work to encourage, equip, recruit, train, and support people, as well as build a team to minister alongside one another.
Planning: In order to maintain effective programs that are aligned with the NextGen ministry, regular evaluation and attention will need to be given to the current program as well as identifying what is missing and needed.
Knowledge and Skills
- Has obtained a bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience in a related field [Required].
- Possesses a deep passion for discipleship to Jesus in the lives of students [Required].
- Prior experience leading middle schoolers and high schoolers.
- An understanding of cultural trends and issues impacting students today.
- A philosophy of student ministry that values both deep discipleship and evangelistic programming.
- Entrepreneurial and creative leadership qualities.
- Experience recruiting and managing a volunteer team.
- Ability to teach Biblical and theological truths in age appropriate ways.
- Ability to work with others and maintain positive, loyal relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across a variety of audiences.
- Works with integrity, discernment, and wisdom with student relationships.
For more information and a more in-depth description of the responsibilities of this position, visit the full job description at atonementlife.org/youthdirector.
How To Apply
If you sense the Lord calling you to student ministry at Atonement, please apply at: atonementlife.org/youthdirector.