Director of Youth Ministry
Church in the Cove is looking for a Director of Youth Ministry to lead our efforts to minister to middle and high school students in our church and the broader community. The ideal candidate will have experience teaching and/or ministering to youth and families, as well as experience managing volunteers. This role requires a person who loves adolescents and relates well with people of different ages and backgrounds. The Director will work under the direct supervision of the Pastor and in collaboration with the Director of Children’s Ministries.
● Develop a youth program for middle and high school students that includes Christian education and spiritual formation components.
● In consultation with the Pastor and the Christian Education committee, and in collaboration with the Director of Children’s Ministry:
o select Sunday School curriculum for middle and high school youth o align the goals and strategy for the Youth Ministry with the church’s overall vision for Christian Education
● Teach middle-school Sunday School and lead a periodic confirmation class.
● Recruit, train, equip and supervise volunteers. Make volunteering as easy as possible so volunteers are empowered to fully use their gifts to minister to our youth.
● Help connect the youth with the worship, fellowship, and service activities of the church.
● Intentionally invest in relationships with the youth of the church with the express aim of positively contributing to their spiritual development.
● Plan, coordinate, and execute special events for youth such as retreats, service projects, camp experiences, and mission trips.
● Maintain open communication with parents and caregivers.
● Collaborate as possible with other churches for youth events.
● Periodically review programming with the Pastor and CE committee.
● In consultation with senior church leadership, develop an annual budget for the youth ministry, operate within the constraints of that budget, and prepare an annual written report reflecting the youth ministry operations from the previous year.
● Other projects as assigned by the Pastor.
● Exemplary Christian character, love of youth, and a desire to grow in ministry experience.
● Commitment to the mission of the church.
● A desire to teach adolescents the Biblical story and to mentor them in knowing and showing God’s love.
● Experience in small group leadership and history of intentional relationship building.
● Bachelor’s degree (preferably in education, Christian ministry, or a related discipline).
● Some undergraduate or graduate work in youth ministry, Biblical studies, or theology preferred.
● Strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• 10 hours per week, $20-$25 per hour
How To Apply
To apply, submit a résumé and cover letter to: [email protected]. Please include your contact information and the best way to reach you.