Trinity Wellsprings Church
Trinity Wellsprings Church is a crazy-awesome place to work as a Pastor/Director of Student Ministries!! The church is located on a barrier island 60 minutes SE of Orlando and 10 minutes south of Cocoa Beach. Our church is located near beautiful beaches in the wonderful beachside town of Satellite Beach, Florida. Our church staff culture models authentic relationships, encouraging one another daily, enjoying life together, and lots of laughter. Come make fully-alive missional disciples of Jesus Christ with a Christ-centered, Gospel-driven, and Relationally-authentic church family of 500+ worshippers.
The Director (or Pastor) of Student Ministries & Community Engagement is responsible
for providing leadership to all ministries of Trinity Wellsprings Church involving middle
school and high school students. This involves leading a comprehensive ministry of
outreach, discipleship, and ministry training for students (grades 7-12).
The ideal candidate will build an authentic community of disciples by using a relational
or incarnational approach to student ministries.
- A contagious love for people & students? (You got to make the “main thing, the
- A passion for being and making disciples of Jesus Christ? (No one can make
disciples without first being a disciple.)
- Ready to fall in love with a wonderful local community? (We love our little
neck of the woods…er…our little stretch of the beach!)
- Excited to bring passion to an enthusiastic church staff? (Our staff is high on
passion, high on authenticity, and high on encouraging one another daily in a great
- You’ve got to answer a hearty “Yes” to all these questions before you even THINK of
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience: has experience working in Christian youth ministry either in a
church or parachurch setting.
- Theological Convictions: broad agreement with the “Essential Tenets” of ECO: A
Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians.
- Education: a minimum of Bachelor’s degree.
Specifically, the Director/Pastor of Student Ministries will:
- Plan and lead regular youth fellowship programs for middle school and high
- Create and lead a variety of outreach and fellowship-building events. Organize
retreats to strengthen fellowship, deepen discipleship, and call teenagers to a new
life in Christ.
- Recruit and oversee volunteer leaders within Student Ministries. Build fellowship
with the adult volunteers, parents, and lay leaders.
- Develop a robust discipleship component within Student Ministries by
developing small groups (esp. among Senior High School Students) who desire to
take their faith deeper by training these students in the habits of prayer and Bible
study, while providing training and leadership opportunities. Help organize and
supervise the Confirmation process with the Director of Family Ministries.
- Plan and coordinate large-scale events each year that attract students in the
wider community in order to build relationships and show teenagers the grace
and love of Jesus Christ.
- Plan and coordinate local and international opportunities for hands-on-ministry
and mission that allow students to experience the joy of Christian service in a
variety of settings. Help students to discern their sense of call and to discover
their spiritual gifts.
- Encourage students to worship with the congregation each Sunday and engage in
- Recruit and supervise summer interns.
- Attend staff meetings and consult with staff on a regular basis.
- In the role of “Community Engagement”: be creative and willing to be one of the
main faces of the church as our church seeks to engage the wider community by
participating in community events and mobilizing our church to engage with the
wider community in missional ways.