Director or Pastor of Children and Young Family Ministry
Who we are:
Arise Church is a multi-generational, family-oriented Evangelical Free Church that conducts services in Cantonese and English. The vision of Arise is to cultivate a Spiritual, Missional, Authentic, Transforming community in Christ through love.
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced individual to serve as the Director or Pastor of Children and Young Family Ministry at Arise Church. This role is crucial in nurturing the spiritual growth and development of children up to 5th grade as well as providing guidance and support to young families with children in our congregation. The ideal candidate needs to possess a strong foundation in Christian teaching, have a heart for children and families, and be skilled in effective communication and collaboration.
- Plan, organize, and oversee all aspects of the children’s ministry, including Sunday school classes, special events, and programs. (such as: VBS, AWANA, Christmas Special, Easter Special, etc.)
- Develop and implement an age-appropriate curriculum that aligns with our church’s values and teachings.
- Lead and train volunteers to effectively engage and educate children in a nurturing and safe environment.
- Foster an atmosphere of inclusivity, creativity, and joy that encourages children to grow in their faith and relationship with Christ.
- Ensure all policies and procedures within the Children’s Ministry are followed.
- Align the ministry with the vision and direction of the church as a whole.
Young Family Ministry:
- Plan and implement outreach gatherings and programs to invite new families and children.
- Provide spiritual guidance and support to young families with children, assisting them in nurturing their family’s faith journey.
- Work closely with young families to understand their unique needs and challenges in raising children with a strong Christian foundation.
- A personal, active and maturing relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior with a love and heart for children and young families.
- 3 plus years of prior children’s ministry experience or equivalent.
- Good organizational skills and team player.
- Must be fluent in English. Speaking Cantonese or Mandarin is a plus.
- Educational degree in a related field is a plus.
- For Pastoral candidates, Bachelor or Masters-level degree from an accredited seminary in North America or specialized in Children Ministry related major.
- Part time (<30hrs/week) or Full time (30-40 hrs/week)
How To Apply
Please email resume to [email protected].