Job Description for Director/Pastor of Celebrate Recovery
Are you passionate about seeing the life changing power of Jesus work in the lives of people through the awesome ministry of Celebrate Recovery? Are you energized by encouraging and challenging leaders as they grow in their relationship with Christ and enjoy apprenticing new leaders? Are you committed to providing a safe place for people to find healing for their hurts, habits and hang-ups? If this sounds like you, read on…
The Director of Celebrate Recovery (“CR Director”) will be responsible to oversee all areas of the Celebrate Recovery ministry at Grace Chapel. The CR Director will ensure ongoing leader training and development, develop and oversee the volunteer leadership team and step study groups. In addition, they will prepare recovery-focused lessons and teach at Celebrate Recovery. The CR Director will be the initial point of contact for all Celebrate Recovery communication at Grace Chapel.
This person will ensure that best practice in all areas of Celebrate Recovery ministry is researched and established on an ongoing basis with an emphasis on ensuring that all volunteers are mentored and developed in their roles, as well as pastorally cared for within a team environment.
This is a part time (approximately 10-12 hour per week) position.
This position has the following responsibilities:
- Prioritize work tasks and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Design and oversee the preparation of materials and information to educate and promote Celebrate Recovery.
- Organize and oversee all Celebrate Recovery classes, groups and meetings.
- Ensure all Celebrate Recovery leaders and leaders-in-training are qualified and properly trained.
- Prepare an annual Celebrate Recovery budget for approval, and work within that budget.
- Counseling and meetings as appropriate for Celebrate Recovery.
- Working closely with each coach and team leader individually and as a group to grow closer to God and excel as leaders.
- Recruiting new leadership candidates in collaboration with the T.E.A.M.
- Working with Training Coaches to provide annual training schedule.
- Work with Encourager Coaches to provide fellowship, care, prayer and support for leaders and participants.
- Work with Assimilation Coaches to promote CR within the church, community & beyond.
- Supporting the worship team leaders (song selection, scheduling, team dynamics).
- Preparing the CR service ( teachers, testimonies and special speakers).
- Facilitating monthly TEAM & Leadership meetings.
- Skills and qualifications
In order to be effective in this role, a successful candidate for this full-time position will be a growing Christ-follower* who possesses many of the following core gifts and passions:
- Passion: for the Grace Chapel mission and a strong desire to impact the growth of an effective nonprofit organization.
- Communication and Problem-solving: Strong research, communication and problem-solving skills are crucial in this role.
- Flexible: Must be willing and able to adapt to last-minute developments that are typical of church ministry.
- Self-starter: Someone who is entrepreneurial and internally driven to achieve the mission God is laying out for us and able to manage her/himself accordingly.
Required Education and Training Requirements
- Pastoral Ministry or counseling degree and relevant ministry experience preferred.
- A seasoned CR step study participant/leader preferred.
- A proven leader with natural communication and organizational skills.
- Able to work with and motivate volunteers; able to inspire them to see their contributions as part of the vision of the church.
- Able to assess ministry needs and develop the plan to meet those needs.
- Able to multitask and be capable of meeting deadlines.
- Able to teach the Word of God in relation to recovery principles.
- Have a background in 12-step recovery.
- Have a minimum of 5 years sobriety, if there has been a history of addiction.
- Able to anticipate demands, problems and complications.
- Has an active and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Practices personal spiritual disciplines and leads with humility, character, and love.
- Able to clearly communicate and embrace Grace Chapel Church’s mission, vision, values and strategy.
- Has a willing spirit to help support each ministry within Grace Chapel Church to the best of their ability.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work in various disparate systems to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Relational skills and the ability to develop community life.
- A self-motivated leader and effective in developing and implementing church systems.
How To Apply
If you are interested, apply here.