Kids’ Klub (North Central Illinois) – Director
The Big Picture
Kids’ Klub (kidsklubs.org) is a non-denominational Children’s Ministry centered in North Central Illinois seeking a full time Director.
We are looking for either a single or married couple to take this missions-oriented role. Our ministry is dedicated to reaching children for Christ through weekly activities at churches and homes. There are multiple groups meeting weekly. The new director(s) would be expected to support and expand the existing activities. In addition, the director(s) would organize and run a weeklong summer camp. Kids Klub has a central office, where the director(s), along with volunteers, organize and prepare materials. There are existing Klubs at approximately 15 locations, mostly churches. Each Klub has a Klub Director that is the local organizer. Klubs meet weekly during the school year. Each meeting consists of singing, Bible sword drills, verse memorization and related activities. Each year there is also a Rally Day. Students from all Klubs are invited to meet at a central location and compete for prizes in memorization and sword drill.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Preparing lessons for children based on existing seven-year curriculum. Update lessons as needed, including updating PowerPoint/Keynote programs.
- Provide lessons to Klubs, teach Klub directors and teachers, provide support materials for lessons.
- Visit each Klub location at least twice per year, interact with kids and adults.
- Organize annual Rally Day.
- Supervise volunteers, give directions, etc.
- Organize weeklong summer camp, including recruiting volunteers and preparing activities. Camp Bible lesson curriculum is on a five-year rotation.
- Each year the director(s) review and update all materials.
- Marketing – the Face of Kids Klubs for recruiting additional churches to host a Klub, fundraising.
- Cultivate feedback from Klub directors to consider needed changes to curriculum
- Prepare and distribute monthly newsletter, regular prayer letters and thank you letters to supporters.
- Caretaker of property-light maintenance, changing light bulbs, mowing, cleaning.
- Able to rightly discern the Word of God.
- Agreement with Statement of Faith.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiar with QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, CorelDraw or similar.
$50,000-$60,000 total package depending on experience. Must live on site, three-bedroom apartment above the Kids Klub Office and utilities are provided.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit for Kids’ Klub?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Director of Kids’ Klub?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Kids’ Klub?
Please send your resume and the answers to these questions to [email protected].