Chapel by the Lake Director (Shepherd) of Administration Ministry Position Description
Position Mission: To honor Jesus Christ and strengthen the Church by implementing and overseeing effective administrative ministry at Chapel by the Lake.
• People/Volunteer Management: Provide direction, gain commitment, facilitate change, and achieve results through the efficient, creative, and responsible deployment of volunteers; engage people in their areas of giftedness and passion.
• Attention to Detail: Consistently attend to the many small pieces which must be assembled into an organized whole; follow up on missing or out of balance items; resolve unanswered questions needed to address a problem; keep the larger picture in mind while tending to the smallest of details.
• Interpersonal Skills: Establish good working relationships with all others who are relevant to the completion of work; work well with people at all levels of the congregation; build appropriate rapport; consider the impact of his/her actions on others; use diplomacy and tact; be approachable; avoid communication triangles.
• Technical Expertise: Acquire and demonstrate the technical skills required to proficiently execute the essential functions of the ministry; understand which skills are lacking and seeks to develop those skills; continually work toward mastery of technical proficiency. These areas include website management, electronic communication systems and tools, MS applications, and database management.
• Priority Setting: Spend his/her time and direct the time of others to what is important; quickly zone in on the critical issue, and ignore or minimize distractions; can sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminate roadblocks; demonstrate focus.
Employment Guidelines and Expectations
• The Director (Shepherd) of Administration will:
o Embrace and fully support the mission and core values of Chapel by the Lake.
o Utilize volunteers to be the office presence for Chapel by the Lake, ensuring all people are greeted, helped and/or referred to the appropriate place or person.
o Coordinate and act as the hub for church communications. These include: Worship media: bulletins, presentation software (PowerPoint, Proclaim) Ensuring church database is up to date Confirming Website content is accurate and relevant Managing Social Media tools Working with volunteers and with other staff on communications o Reports to the Senior Pastor/Head of Staff.
• The duties of the Director (Shepherd) of Administration include, but are not limited to:
o Perform and/or delegate routine office duties, such as distributing mail, ordering office and facility supplies.
o Attend staff meetings.
o Ensure that church records are kept and maintained. These include, but are not limited to, Session minutes, covenant partner (membership) role, church directory and database, and policy and procedures.
o In coordination with the Business Administrator, implement a scheduling procedure and maintain a master facility use calendar for Chapel facilities.
o Coordinate the Facility Host program.
o Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor/Head of Staff.
35 hours a week, Monday through Friday, office hours are between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., scheduled by the Head of Staff.
DOE. Health insurance, paid holidays, leave hours, and other benefits as defined in the Chapel by the Lake Employee Handbook.
Chapel by the Lake is hiring for a Director (Shepherd) of Administration. This position will implement and oversee effective administrative ministry at Chapel. Details in the full position description (linked below), and the successful candidate will have strengths in line with listed qualifications and core competencies. Applicants will please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] https://chapelbythelake.org/wordpress00/about-us/job-opportunities/
Chapel by the Lake 11024 Auke Lake Way Juneau, AK 99801 Phone: 907-789-7592.
How To Apply
Applicants will please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected].