Weekly Attendance: 320 in person, 250 online
Location: Sequim, WA
Meet Dungeness Community Church:
Since its start in 1976, the Dungeness Community Church’s purpose is to share the truth of the Gospel, demonstrate God’s love, and communicate His word with as many people in the town of Sequim as possible. We are an elder-led organization whose Lead Pastor works closely with other pastors in effort to lead and establish our small groups and ministry programs. Hallmarks of our church include worship, prayer, discipleship, and many available ministry services, and these have flourished over the years. Our strengths lie in our dynamic ability to teach. Regardless of one’s background or situation, DCC remains passionate about seeing others grow in their relationship with Jesus, each other, and the community.
About the Family Ministries Pastor:
The Family Ministries Pastor is to facilitate the development of ministries to Children, Students, and their families.
The Family Ministries Pastor’s Responsibilities Include:
- Lead Family Ministry Team (Junior & Senior High Students, Children, Nursery/Toddlers).
- Create and implement a long-term ministry path for students and families which inspires them towards a lasting priority in Christ.
- Recruit, train, and equip leaders for children & youth ministries.
- Make connections with families, including Christ-centered resources and equipping opportunities for parenting.
- Ensure weekly programming is available for children and youth either through direct leadership or via trained, qualified volunteers.
- Work closely with the local Young Life chapter to promote and assist evangelistic outreach to the youth in the community.
- Investigate and, as appropriate, give leadership to re-launching the BOOST after-school tutoring program for Grades 1-5.
- Plan and execute camps, retreats, & events.
- Responsible for administrative duties, including setting and overseeing budgets for areas of oversight, developing & maintaining best-practice policies for child safety, and coordinating programming with other church staff.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of full-time ministry.
- Any combination of education & experience demonstrating background sufficient to fulfill job requirements.
- Bachelor of Arts in Christian Education or higher is desirable.
- A passion for equipping parents to help their children grow in their faith, with a gospel centered approach in their own home and everyday lives.
- The ability to meaningfully connect with families.
- Agrees with mission, vision, and doctrinal statement of Dungeness Community Church.
- Is a highly motivated leader committed to helping others grow as disciples in Christ.
- Has a passion for developing leaders and helping them find ministries to serve in that matches their personality and spiritual gifting.
- Ability to organize, inspire, and mobilize a ministry team.
- Is a strong communicator.
- Has the ability to navigate change when it is positive and help to lead when it is not.
What It’s Like to Live in Sequim, WA:
Sequim, Washington is a small, suburban community in Clallam County with a population of about 7,200. Most residents are homeowners and the town is very accommodating to families and retirees. In this relaxing area, the Cascades, Straits, Ocean, and Olympic Mountains surround locals with all their glory. The people are generally friendly, and they are part of a small-town atmosphere with larger cities within commuting distance. This town is proportionally diverse and welcoming. Housing and rent are very affordable and the education system is above average. Due to the ample farmland, there is excellent access to healthy and organic food choices. If you prefer outdoor activities like hiking, fishing, kayaking, hunting, and sightseeing, Sequim is the perfect place for you.
How To Apply
Apply through the following link: https://www.vanderbloemen.com/job/dungeness-community-church-family-ministries-pastor.