Park Street School is located in the heart of Boston’s historic Beacon Hill neighborhood and offers a continuous, integrated, Christian-based learning environment to students from toddler to grade six. Exemplifying a Christian worldview, Park Street School is an equal opportunity employer and is continuously striving to maintain a faculty and staff with varying backgrounds and cultural experiences. Park Street School offers competitive benefits, generous time off, and a meaningful work environment with like-minded colleagues.
The Educational Technology Specialist (ETS) will provide leadership and instruction in developing, achieving, and maintaining high quality technology integration into Park Street School’s learning environment, supporting teachers in enhancing instruction and assisting students in becoming computer literate. The ETS will provide tech support, such as trouble shooting and maintaining computer hardware and software.
The Educational Technology Specialist will be responsible to:
- Identify and propose emerging technologies for use in curriculum, assessment, and evaluation.
- Support utilization of existing education-based technologies (including library software).
- Research and evaluate new hardware and software needs to enhance the technology and stay up-to-date on the latest trends in technology.
- Be a leader in integrating technology, new media tools, and media production.
- Write/develop technology policies and procedures.
- Assess level of technology integration within classroom instruction.
- Assess skill levels of students, teachers, and staff.
- Coordinate and facilitate professional growth opportunities for faculty to deepen their understanding of key technology ideas and enhance competence in incorporating technology appropriately into classroom instruction.
- Teach students technological strategies, skills, and perspectives in dedicated technology lessons based on Digital Literacy and Computer Science MA Frameworks.
- Plan and implement technological experiences outside of the classroom, including clubs, elective and potential summer courses.
- Troubleshoot and maintain computer hardware and software as needed.
- Assist with technology at school events.
- Perform other duties assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
The Educational Technology Specialist should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Education or Technology, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Strong technical, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge of and experiences with digital platforms, tools, media, methods, and design processes.
- Understanding of curriculum development and implementation, as well as effective teaching strategies.
- Considerable knowledge of current and emerging technologies and new practices.
- Knowledge in and experience with the use of personal computers, iPads, Smartboards, interactive touchscreen TVs, document cameras, as well as a wide variety of digital resources, tools, and instructional software.
- Proficiency with Google and Google Suite and informational management systems.
- Working knowledge and comfort with Robotics.
- Ability to quickly learn unfamiliar tools and share the information with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to troubleshoot and remediate equipment issues.
- Ability to instruct and work collaboratively with administration, teachers, students, and parents.
- Personal qualities sought: Integrity, analytical thinker, ability to multi-task, problem solver, flexible, creative, patient, a life-long learner who seeks to remain current through continuing education and professional development.
- Evening and weekend availability to support special events.
- This is a full-time position.
- Salary is commensurate with experience, with a very competitive benefit package.
- Starting date: ASAP.
How To Apply
Fill out the application here.