Elementary Ministry Coordinator
Date Posted: January 18, 2023
Hours Per Week: 40
Redeemer Church, East Side
New York, NY, USA
Job Type: Ministry Director
Work Hours: Full-time, Hybrid; Sunday- Thursday
Department: East Side
Department: East Side
Reports to: Children’s Ministry Director
The East Side Elementary Ministry Coordinator oversees the Elementary ministry for Redeemer East Side. This includes programming, curriculum, discipleship, and events for elementary age children. This person also owns volunteer recruitment and volunteer culture building for the East Side Children’s ministry as a whole. This person will work alongside the Children’s Ministry Director to lead a ministry that is Gospel centered, age appropriate, and fits in with the overall vision of Redeemer East Side Children’s Ministry and Redeemer at large.
- Work alongside Children’s Ministry Director to plan programming for elementary age children (Kindergarten – 5th Grade) and align it with the East Side vision and mission.
- In charge of all Sunday Programming.
- Class Programming (large group, small group, ID ⅘, discipleship)
- Develop, edit and implement curriculum for all classes that is Gospel Centered, age appropriate, worshipful for children, urban friendly and cross-cultural.
- Make the Gospel message central in a universal language every week.
- Work alongside the Children’s Ministry team to lead/assist with all children and family events throughout the year.
Responsibilities for Volunteer Coordination:
- Work alongside the Children’s Ministry team to plan 2 volunteer trainings each year.
- Manage and schedule elementary volunteers.
- Recruit and scout potential CM volunteers.
- Develop and implement a volunteer strategy for effectively recruiting and appreciating volunteers.
- Train and equip all volunteers to effectively minister to children.
- Build community amongst the elementary volunteers and provide shepherding and care.
- Lead a time of prayer, devotional and announcements with the elementary volunteers.
- Manage and schedule elementary parent volunteers on rotation in the elementary program.
Children’s Worship Responsibilities:
- Oversee worship and teaching for K-3.
- Lead large group teachings and music with energy and exuberance for the gospel.
- Prepare and send over to worship site all materials needed for worship and classes.
- Integrate vision and values (Practices, callings, etc.) into Sunday morning programs.
- Prepare children’s bulletin for corporate worship.
4th and 5th Grade (ID ⅘) Responsibilities:
- Create a culture of “pre-youth” discussion, bible and theological exploration, and fun for this age group.
- Vision and plan for the 4th and 5th grade program curriculum.
- Plan ⅘ events throughout the year to build community among these students and parents.
- Work with the Youth ministry team to smoothly transition 5th graders to Middle school.
- Support Communicant’s class and children’s membership process.
Future Discipleship Program Responsibilities:
- Support the East Side Children’s Ministry Director in discipleship project development and management.
- Modify and edit curriculum as needed.
- Support/recruit lead teachers and fill in as needed.
- Need to embrace Redeemer’s vision of being a gospel-centered, city-positive and movement-minded church in New York City.
- Minimum four year undergraduate degree.
- Undergraduate or Masters degree in Education or Ministry preferred.
- 3-5 years experience working with children or students in an educational, arts or ministry setting.
- Knowledge of children’s curriculum, development and learning styles.
- Heart for Jesus, the reformed faith, families and children.
- Highly relational with both children and adults.
- Takes initiative and enjoys innovation.
- Organized with a capability to delegate and prioritize while juggling multiple projects.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill set; experience and training; licensure, certifications, and ordination; and other organizational needs.
Band: 5 FLSA Status: Exempt
How To Apply
Please use this link to apply: