English Administrative Assistant
Date Posted: May 19, 2023
Hours Per Week: 40
Houston Chinese Church
Houston, TX, USA
Job Type: Support Position
Purpose: The English Administrative Assistant is directly responsible for administrative and organizational tasks within the English congregation of Houston Chinese Church.
Relationship: Accountable to the Church Administrator. The Administrative Assistant will work closely with English Pastors, Youth Minister, and other office staff.
Education: Associate or higher degree from an accredited institution
Language: Proficiency in English required; Conversational Mandarin or Cantonese a plus
- Born-again Christian walking in a faithful, obedient relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Agrees completely with HCC’s Articles of Faith, Constitution, and Mission.
- Integrity in personal life and in public ministry.
- Teachable and Christ-like character.
- Self-motivated and proactive in resolving needs.
- A servant’s heart.
- A team player who can work with people of differing opinions.
- Has strong organizational skills.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication.
- Has strong aptitude for computers and technology including proficiency in programs like Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite; experience with Adobe Suite, social media, and graphic design principles is preferred.
Responsibilities for the English Congregation and Youth Ministry:
- Edit, print material, including the weekly bulletin.
- Prepare and distribute weekly email newsletter.
- Develop and prepare media for publication and display.
- Update and maintain online presence (website and social media platforms).
- Administrate assimilation process for visitors.
- Administrate membership process for baptism and new members.
- Develop and oversee team of administrative volunteers.
- Serve as office receptionist during peak ministry hours (Fridays 7pm-10pm; Sundays 10:30am-3:30pm).
- Update and maintain church management system.
- Maintain calendars and scheduling.
- Provide general office support including printing, copying, collating, binding, and distributing materials.
- Assist with organization, publicity, and logistics of special events and classes.
How To Apply
For those interested in this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected].