Poiema Ministries (Queens, NY) is the vibrant English ministry of Bayside Presbyterian Church in Queens, NY, serving a diverse congregation, including college students, young professionals, parents, and families. As the Lead Pastor, you will be entrusted with the responsibility of shepherding and providing visionary leadership to Poiema Ministries, overseeing worship services, prayer meetings, retreats, Bible studies, outreach/mission events, and more.
Pastoral Care and Leadership:
- Provide spiritual oversight and pastoral care to the English Ministry congregation.
- Lead two English worship services every Sunday (morning and afternoon).
- Lead Friday evening worship service and prayer meetings.
- Offer pastoral care and counseling to congregants as needed.
- Shepherd and equip leaders and emerging leaders in their spiritual formation and personal growth.
- Foster collaboration with pastoral staff from the Korean congregation on church-wide initiatives and maintain strong relationships.
- Conduct discipleship trainings to equip and mobilize congregants for service.
- Develop engaging content and provide pastoral support for Bible studies and Community Group discussions.
- Provide thematic vision and lead revival/seminar services for congregational retreats biannually.
- Support local outreach and global mission activities, cultivating a gospel-centered and missionally driven congregation.
- Reports to Senior Pastor of Bayside Presbyterian Church.
Pay Range: $40,000 – 60,000
How To Apply
- Hold a theological degree from an accredited seminary or currently attending an accredited seminary
- Possess a minimum of 2-4 years of ministry experience, preferably in a leadership role within an English Ministry.
- Bilingual fluency in Korean and English is preferred; proficiency in English is required.
- Demonstrate strong communication and decision-making skills.
- Exhibit a passionate commitment to reaching out to non-believers and supporting struggling believers.
- Conviction and clear vision for English ministry
- Submit a resume highlighting your relevant experience and qualifications (include a self or family photo)
- Include a cover letter introducing yourself, sharing your testimony, presenting your vision for the ministry, and explaining your ministry philosophy.
- Attach a statement of faith.
For more information about our church, please visit