Chinese Christian Church of Thousand Oaks (Thousand Oaks, CA)
English Ministry Pastor
The Big Picture
Chinese Christian Church of Thousand Oaks (cccto.org) is seeking a full-time English Ministry Pastor.
CCCTO is a non-denominational evangelical church, located in Thousand Oaks, California, approximately 50 miles northwest of Los Angeles. Founded in 1979, CCCTO is the spiritual home to over 300 members from Mandarin, English, and Cantonese congregations. CCCTO has vibrant Youth and Children ministries as well as more than 20 fellowship groups serving the needs of various age groups, languages, and interests. Our church is spiritually led by a pastoral team consisting of pastors and elders. Our vision is to foster and nurture our members in God’s Word and fulfill the Great Commission through church planting near and far.
The English Ministry (EM) pastor will primarily oversee the spiritual growth of the English Ministry through the preaching and teaching of God’s word, discipleship, and nurturing care. The EM pastor will live as an example to encourage the English congregation to care for one another and participate in community service and evangelistic outreach. The EM pastor will also work closely with the English Ministry deacon team to carry out the vision and mission established by the Pastoral Team. The EM pastor will be a key member of the Pastoral Team. While the primary responsibility is the English-speaking congregation, an ideal candidate will understand the multicultural dynamics of the various congregations.
- A master’s in Divinity degree or equivalence from a Christian evangelical seminary / college / university.
- A spiritually mature, born-again Christian with strong faith and a sound/solid testimony.
- 2 or more years ministry experience.
- Candidate’s doctrine must agree with Chinese Christian Church of Thousand Oaks.
- (CCCTO)’s Statement of Faith and candidate must agree with CCCTO’s constitution and bylaws.
- Agrees with the Great Oaks Church Planting Association (growth & outreach) vision.
- Demonstrates biblically sound preaching and teaching.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills and the ability to work in teams.
- An excellent command of English in preaching and teaching. Fluency in Chinese or Cantonese is a plus.
- Missionary experience is a plus.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the English Pastor at CCCTO?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the English Pastor at CCCTO?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the Statement of Faith of CCCTO?
Please send your resume, sermon link and the answers to these questions to [email protected].