Date Posted: May 18, 2023
Hours Per Week: 40
First Presbyterian Church
Greenville, SC, USA
Job Type: Associate Pastor
The Executive Pastor is to provide strategic alignment with the mission and vision of First Presbyterian Church by providing oversight of all leadership, administration, development, and coordination of staff and assigned committees in conjunction with, and under the direction of, the Senior Pastor.
- A heart for expressing the love of God by setting an example through prayerful, Christ-like leadership, administration, development, and supervision.
- Ability to exhibit the deep truths of faith through thought, word, and deed.
- Ability to demonstrate a pastoral heart through patience, forgiveness, kindness, and sincerity.
- Aptitude to work with multiple personality types to achieve consensus while accomplishing the vision and mission of First Presbyterian.
- Ability to delegate objectives and work with others to reach goals.
- Ability to coach and equip staff and lay leaders for ministry in a manner that accomplishes the goals of FPC’s strategic plan.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties:
- Lead and supervise, in conjunction with the Senior Pastor, the Senior Leadership Team members to ensure effective and impactful ministry according to the current strategic plan.
- Responsible to develop, revise, and implement a strategic plan for First Presbyterian under the oversight of the Strategic Planning Committee.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations, in conjunction with Senior Pastor, for all Senior Team members, and monitor their quarterly goals.
- Work closely with the Executive Director in carrying out job responsibilities.
- Work closely with Director of HR and Development and the Executive Director to recommend salary administration, policies, and staffing decisions for approval by Staff Committee. Play a role in the procurement and termination of all staff, as defined by the Staff Committee.
- Resource the following committees: Staff, Leadership and Governance, Finance and Stewardship, Strategic Planning, Nominating, and ex-officio on all other committees.
- Actively participate in the Finance and Stewardship committee, serving with the Executive Director and the Director of Stewardship Ministries.
- Serve as a staff representative to First Presbyterian Church Foundation Board, an independent, 501(c)3 organization that supports the ministries of FPC, Christian missions, and scholarship programs.
- Lead Senior Leadership meetings and other staff meetings to help further the strategic plan by setting agendas, building consensus, encouraging teamwork, validating the power of prayer, Bible teaching, and ensuring key objectives of the meetings are being met.
- Provide Pastoral guidance and support to all members of staff. Promote harmony and help resolve staff conflicts.
- Serve as a resource to candidates who are seeking ECO Ordination.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in the planning of various retreats, such as Ministry Staff and Officers, and participate as requested.
- Serve as primary FPC spokesperson for media and community in the absence of the Senior Pastor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor, including but not limited to: preaching and/or teaching upon request, leading and/or serving special purpose committees, and serving in the Presbytery.
Skills and Minimum Qualifications:
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop and strengthen long-term relationships.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, especially Word and Excel.
- Ability to accomplish common goals and objectives with a team.
- Masters of Divinity or higher degree.
- 5 years of experience or more.
How To Apply
Go to www.firstpresgreenville.org and click on Job Openings and then Executive Pastor.