Denomination: Evangelical Presbyterian Church
Weekly Attendance: 500
Location: Fair Oaks, CA
The Role: Senior Pastor
Meet Fair Oaks Church:
Fair Oaks Church is a church family following Jesus so that everyone can flourish. Fair Oaks has a rich history of God leading generations of people to follow Jesus in this region since 1952. It has always been a Jesus church, proclaiming the life-giving message of Christ and seeing generations of lives transformed by His grace. Since 2009, Fair Oaks has belonged to the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC). It’s a unique family of 600 churches, held closely together through relationships and a deep commitment to sharing the Gospel and making disciples of Jesus. Fair Oaks is a church family following Jesus, and strives to cultivate a community of love.
About the Senior Pastor:
The Senior Pastor at Fair Oaks Church will be the primary spiritual leader of the church who will work with the session to deliver God’s vision and mission to a multi-generational congregation in one of California’s most desirable areas. The Senior Pastor or Fair Oaks will be called to utilize their God-given experiences and spiritual gifts to lead the staff, the church family, and the community to flourish in their walk with Christ in order to impact both greater Sacramento area and the world for the Kingdom of God.
The Senior Pastor’s Responsibilities Include:
Lead: Provide leadership and oversee the staff and all spiritual and operational leaders of Fair Oaks Church and its ministries.
Teach: Teach the Word of God faithfully most Sundays and Special Events.
Shepherd: Care of the congregation, visiting the sick, conducting funeral services and wedding ceremonies, counseling those in need, while sharing and delegating to others on staff with responsibilities in these areas.
Encourage: Encourage leadership, outreach, and growth in the community outside of the Church.
Serve: Serve as the main representative of this church in EPC denominational and ecumenical boards. Participate in the Presbytery of the Pacific Southwest and Session and serve on assigned commissions.
- Pastoral Leadership Team
- Worship services including communion, baptisms, dedications, serving, groups and giving.
- Session (monthly)
- Pastors and Directors (monthly)
- Staff Prayer (weekly)
- All staff (monthly)
- Professional Development
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- Have a minimum of 10 years of pastoral leadership experience as a Senior Pastor or having served in Senior Leadership with management responsibilities in a church of more than 500 attendees weekly
- Have earned a Masters of Divinity from an accredited seminary
- Ordained or willing/able to be ordained as a Teaching Pastor in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC).
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- Have a healthy, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Not intimidated by leading a church of 1000 and leading a large staff.
- A dynamic leader, team-builder/player that can create a healthy team culture.
- A leader of leaders and has a winsome attractional personality.
- Experienced in recruiting, developing, motivating and empowering others.
- An excellent communicator.
- Able to deliver relevant, thoroughly Biblical messages as the primary communicator on Sunday mornings.
- A self-starter but thrives in collaboration with others on a team.
- Humble, teachable and committed to a growth mindset.
- Hard-working and loves to have fun.
- Disciplined in pursuit of spiritual health, personal & professional development.
- Able to model a healthy work-life balance for the staff, church, and your family.
- Passionate about evangelism and reaching unchurched people with the good news of Jesus and helping everyone become fully mature in Christ.
What it’s Like to Live in Fair Oaks, CA:
In the heart of Northern California, Fair Oaks is an incredible place to call home and raise a family! Fair Oaks is a part of the Sacramento region, California’s Capital city, which is one of the most diverse and exciting growing cities in the country. With tons of great food, music, arts, sports and entertainment options downtown, including the new home of the Sacramento Kings: The Golden 1 Arena, there is never a shortage of things to do. The Sacramento region has tons of fun outdoor recreational opportunities and is only a short drive to Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, and the beach! There are amazing hiking, running, and biking trails and access to both the American and Sacramento Rivers. Fair Oaks has something for everyone!
How To Apply
Apply through the following link: https://www.vanderbloemen.com/job/fair-oaks-church-senior-pastor.