We are the First Baptist Church of Endicott, NY, a small church with surprisingly more children and pre-teenagers than you’d expect. We hope the Lord will send our children a Biblically-sound, wise, creative, and energetic shepherd, who will care for their families and can launch a kingdom-strategic and future-minded ministry. We are searching for a person with 2 to 3 years of full-time ministry experience and have completed at least an associate or bachelor’s degree in biblical or Christian ministry studies.
First Baptist Church of Endicott Children and Youth Minister
- Develop and oversee First Baptist’s objectives for our children from birth through 12th grade.
- Partner with parents, volunteers, and other ministry leaders to shepherd our children in this challenging generation.
- Be a creative, dynamic shepherd to whom our children and youth will bond and seek out for Biblical encouragement and counsel.
Out Church’s Description
- We are a congregation of loving and kindhearted believers of all ages.
- We do our best to sincerely worship and serve the Lord with love for each other, and to make a difference in our community and in the world.
- We are a church that is connected through prayer and through helping one another grow in our faith to serve our Lord and Savior.
- Love and mentor our children and youth to have a relationship with Jesus, to faithfully make wise decisions, to respect themselves and others, and to participate in the life and ministry of the church.
- Guide our children and youth to transform Biblical truths into deep, personal and life-transforming convictions.
- Develop and oversee ministry – birth through 12th grade – including management and care of volunteers.
- Envision and execute a strategic mission plan to reach children, youth, and families of our community.
Minister’s Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute Sunday morning children’s ministry.
- Ensure children’s ministry is fully staffed and trained.
- Preaching at “Children’s Church”
- Prepare teaching materials and equipment.
- Shepherd our teenagers with Christ-like love and Biblical truth.
- Develop and oversee Sunday morning Christian education.
- Develop and oversee activities that foster teenage community, peer outreach, and missions and community service.
- Prepare our church to reach out to the anticipated movement of new families into our community.
- Outreach and serve children and families in the community through our own ministries and in collaboration with Christian ministry partners.
Logistics and Administration:
- Oversee systems for safety, background checks, security procedures, and cleanliness.
- Communicate regularly to keep our families, church leaders, and local community up-to-date with opportunities, events, and changes.
- Prepare budgets and plans; report to lead pastor and church leaders.
Partner with Parents
- Build friendships with parents and children and connect with them regularly.
- Share appropriate resources to help parents raise up their children in the Lord.
- Plan and execute joyful, creative events and activities for children and youth outside of Sunday mornings (i.e. – outings, VBS, etc.).
- Coordinate non-Sunday childcare during church events to encourage parents to participate in activities such as prayer meetings, worship nights, fundraisers, etc.
In addition to ministry, we would love our children and youth minister to participate in the life of First Baptist with other members.
Character and Skill Qualifications:
Christ-like leadership character as described in 1 Timothy 3:1-13
- Strong administrative and communication skills:
- Ability to engage and interact with children, including teaching in a large group setting.
- Adapt and enforce child safety policies.
- Experience in a church ministry setting, with children pre-K to 12th.
- Love for God’s people and His church, particularly children & families.
- Clear understanding of the Gospel and ability to communicate it to children.
- Ability to interact with parents in a loving, gracious, and direct manner.
- Ability to carry out projects/plans from conception to completion.
- Enjoys building relationships, collaboration, working with and leading a team.
- 2-3 years experience in full-time children’s ministry.
- Associate Degree or BA in Biblical or Christian Ministry studies.
- Experience recruiting, training, and leading volunteer teams.
- General computer proficiency, including Google Docs, Email, Planning Center, social media.
How To Apply
Please contact the church at [email protected] for next steps.