Family Ministry Minister/Pastor
Date Posted: March 9, 2023
Hours Per Week: 40
Oversea Chinese Mission Church
New York, NY, USA
Job Type: Ministry Director
The Family Ministry Minister provides pastoral vision and faith formation care for the children of OCM’s vibrant and growing multi-cultured congregations (Mandarin, Cantonese, and English congregations) from birth to college ages.
Denomination: Non-denominational Church
Job Type: Full-Time
Position Title: The Family Ministry Minister
Reports to: Senior Pastor
- Master’s degree in biblical studies, Family or Christian Education or Equivalent Training.
- Three to five years previous experience directing and working in Children’s or Youth ministry including teaching, counseling, supervising and training of staff and volunteers.
- Mandarin, Cantonese and English preferably.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Competency with basic computer software (Word, Google docs, Excel, Publisher).
- Embrace and support the mission, vision and core beliefs of Oversea Chinese Mission.
- Demonstrate a passion for infant, children and youth ministry and a vision to see families grow in their faith together.
- Demonstrate an ability to teach, motivate and nurture children and youth.
- Demonstrate an ability to teach, motivate and train parents and children’s ministry and youth volunteers.
- Work closely with all areas of ministry within OCM to ensure a consistent vision for faith formation programs for ages birth through college.
- Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality in teaching, counseling and providing accountability for Children’s Ministry and Youth staff.
- Be an integral part of the pastoral team as the shepherd of the youngest generation of OCM’s congregations.
- Provide pastoral vision and responsible for the development and implementation of programming for the spiritual formation of children and youth from birth to college.
- Provide resources to equip parents to lead and nurture children in their faith formation.
- Provide leadership, training, support and faith formation direction to Children’s and Youth ministry staff and volunteers.
- Serve as the guiding pastor and a speaker for our Children and Youth Worship services.
- Provide care and pastoral support for children and families in need.
- Review and oversight of curriculum choices and implementation for family ministry use.
- Oversee the Children and Youth Worship team monthly meetings.
- Provide vision, training and mentorship for Children’s Ministry and Youth staff.
- Develop and oversight of age-appropriate learning environment that foster spiritual formation throughout children’s and youth ministry.
- Oversight of a yearly ministry budget.
- Develop yearly calendar with the Director of Children’s Ministry and Middle School and Youth Directors.
- Attend pastoral/staff meeting.
- Pastor and head of Family Ministry Department.
- Reports to the Senior Pastor.5.3 Supervises and directs all Children’s Ministry and Youth staff and volunteers.
- Receives support from Pastoral ministry team.
- Communicates Family ministry vision to all congregations and provides pastoral care to children & their families.
How To Apply
To apply for an open position at our church please do one of the following:
Contact the Pastoral Search Committee by emailing HR at [email protected]
or by Regular Mail to:
Oversea Chinese Mission
154 Hester Street
New York, NY 10013