About the Lead Pastor:
The ideal Lead Pastor for First Reformed will be a man who gives evidence of a vital personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and a working knowledge of the Bible and doctrines of the Reformed faith. He will have demonstrated experience in effective preaching and teaching ministry from a Reformed perspective and possess the ability to assume a leadership role in a multiple staff ministry.
First Reformed Church Service The Lead Pastor Responsibilities Include:
Primary responsibilities are to proclaim the Word of God to the congregation of FRC and cast the vision and direction of FRC. This is to be accomplished through the pulpit presence as well as interaction with CORE teams (four smaller ministry teams), Consistory members, Church staff and the community. Assure that all educational programs and ministries build knowledge and faith according to the inspired Word of God. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Seek and search God’s revelation for the development of annual preaching and teaching plans.
- Inform the elders responsible for the oversight of sermon content and presentation.
- Coordinate themes and plans among all applicable ministries.
- Preach the Word of God a minimum of all but one AM service per month. (Approx. 40 annually).
- Be in the pulpit for all special services (Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas).
- Administer sacraments with other pastoral staff as scheduled.
- Oversee the development and implementation of education plans for FRC.
- Have cooperative oversight responsibilities for the Vision CORE Team and participate as requested with the other CORE teams.
- Oversee and support the entire ministry staff at First Reformed Church.
- Conduct wedding and funeral services as appropriate and within church policy.
- Provide pastoral support and care to congregational members as needed and requested.
- Serve as president of Consistory and chair full Consistory meetings.
- Oversee efforts to contact prospective members.
- Serve as “quality control” on worship preparation and music.
- Serve as church rep to Northwestern College Board of Trustees.
- Represent FRC at civic functions when appropriate.
- Provide leadership on Kingdom Network Administrative Committees.
- Attend meetings related to building projects/renovation projects.
- Take part, with the Director of Operations, in the evaluation process of all FRC staff.