Weekly Attendance: 320
Location: Jacksonville, FL
The Role: Lead Pastor
Meet Fort Caroline Baptist Church:
Fort Caroline Baptist Church started as Fort Caroline Baptist Mission in 1978 with eight families. By May of 1982, the church had grown to more than fifty families. God’s faithfulness and several building programs have facilitated the growth of Fort Caroline Baptist Church into the thriving, modern congregation it is today, averaging about 350 people in attendance. Their previous pastor had served faithfully for 26 years before being called to another church.
Utilizing modern worship, LifeGroups, dynamic NextGen ministries, and several needs-based ministries, Fort Caroline Baptist Church is actively working to be one church passionately united and focused on reaching the spiritually lost in their community with the Gospel of Jesus.
About the Lead Pastor:
The Lead Pastor at Fort Caroline Baptist Church will oversee the spiritual health and direction of the church with the advisory oversight of the Board of Trustees. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values and strategy of Fort Caroline Baptist Church and the ability to align staff and key leadership teams with its mission. The LP will offer pastoral leadership to the congregation, as well as equipping the members to care for one another. They will ensure that the systems, practices, and policies of the church responsibly and effectively support its ministry activities.
The Lead Pastor’s Responsibilities Include:
1. Ensure the Spiritual Health of the Church
Establish and guide the discipleship strategy for the church, engaging people in corporate worship, encouraging them to grow spiritually, connecting them in serving opportunities, and challenging them to fulfill their God-given mission to make disciples.
These objectives are accomplished by:
- Delivering relevant, Biblical messages.
- Preaching and teaching in accordance with The Baptist Faith and Message, 2000.
- Partnering with leadership teams to plan and execute worship and other creative elements to compliment the teaching in each ministry environment.
- Offering direction to the creative team with planning, packaging, and promoting message series.
- Defining a clear discipleship path so each person can self-identify their next steps toward Christ.
- Modeling discipleship with key staff and lay leaders.
- Empowering staff and lay people to implement the discipleship strategy across all ministries.
- Measuring and monitoring the spiritual health of the church and, when necessary, holding staff and lay leaders accountable for the progress in their ministry areas.
2. Strategic Leadership and Planning
Responsible for clarifying and championing Fort Caroline Baptist Church’s vision and values. The LP will oversee strategic planning and staff coordination in the execution of the church’s mission and vision. The LP will work with the senior leadership team to establish goals and action plans.
This leadership and input will be provided through many activities, including:
- Coordinating and leading staff meetings and engaging other activities designed to clarify and execute goals and objectives.
- Serving on the Board of Trustees.
- Providing leadership in vision casting and goal setting.
- Monitoring the pulse of the ministry through research and evaluation.
- Partnering with staff and lay leaders to ensure staffing, facilities, and programs align to best meet strategic goals.
- Assigning pastoral and administrative duties to Executive Pastor, Campus Pastors, and leadership teams.
- Overseeing budgets and providing oversight and direction in the large variety of financial functions of the church.
3. Staff Supervision and Development
Provides leadership to the staff team. The LP will lead, evaluate, and mentor existing staff in their respective areas of ministry. Includes the following responsibilities:
- Supervising the leadership team as it relates to day-to-day ministry and operational activities.
- Championing discipleship, training, and leadership development.
- Overseeing the hiring and dismissal process for all staff.
- Providing coaching to the staff in the design and implementation of all church ministries including evaluating appropriate changes to organizational structure
4. Reproducing the Church
Recognizing that God is positioning Fort Caroline Baptist Church to impact people’s lives beyond Jacksonville, the LP will actively pursue opportunities to expand ministries to reach more people for Jesus. This is accomplished by:
- Continuing to develop a growth strategy that leverages the synergy of existing resources and prepares for expansion in the future.
- Partnering with organizations to equip and invest in ministry initiatives out of Fort Caroline Baptist Church.
- Developing resources that help staff and lay leaders increase the impact of their ministry.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate degree, from an accredited, evangelical, theological university.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of pastoral experience in a local church with demonstrated leadership in ever-increasing agility and responsibility.
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications—The Lead Pastor will:
- Uphold Biblical priorities and core values of Fort Caroline Baptist Church.
- Demonstrate a growing personal relationship with Christ.
- Model a strong relationship with his spouse and children.
- Strive to fulfill his purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships, and actions.
- Committed to a daily quiet time with God.
- Participate in a small group on a regular basis.
- Set appropriate boundaries to protect character and integrity.
- Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
- Support the ministries of Fort Caroline Baptist Church by faithfully giving of his tithe.
- Demonstrate the qualities and characteristics required of Fort Caroline Baptist Church employees, as defined by the Staff Handbook.
What it’s Like to Live in Jacksonville, FL:
Jacksonville is the ideal Florida destination with stretches of stunning beaches and waterways, the largest urban park system in the country, extraordinary cultural and historical neighborhoods, creative coastal cuisine, and so much more! Jax, as the locals call it, had one of the highest population growth rates in 2021, with a current population in the region of 1.9 million people. With an average commute time of 26 minutes, giving way to a high quality of life in urban, suburban, and rural neighborhoods, there’s something for everyone in Northeast Florida. Expect a lower cost of living than the US average and one of the top five job markets, especially for tech, finance and manufacturing. Jacksonville is one of the Top 20 best cities for veterans and is home to four major military installations, with more than 50,000 active duty, reserve, and civilian men and women.
Sports enthusiasts can cheer for the NFL Jacksonville Jaguars, the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp Triple-A baseball team, the Jacksonville Icemen hockey team, and more. Additionally, with several major colleges and universities nearby, college sports are very popular, so you’ll need to pick your allegiances. The region features more than 85 elite golf courses, including THE PLAYERS Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass.
Jacksonville’s history, arts, and cultural community shines bright with stand-out museums, boutique galleries, and performing arts galore. Experience a unique blend of festivals, live music, art events, and exhibitions. Jacksonville is also a destination for food lovers. No other Florida city has more unique flavors, from upscale bistros to down-home fish camps. With a melting pot of cultures and tastes and nationally trained local chefs, we eat well in Jacksonville. Lastly, Jax is perfectly located in Northeast Florida, just a quick trip away from your favorite spots in the Southeast, such as Savannah, Amelia Island and St. Augustine.
How To Apply
For the application, apply here.