Suffolk Christian Church is a non-denominational church on Long Island, approximately 50 miles to the east of New York City. We are seeking a full-time pastor who would be shepherding the Chinese speaking congregation.
The full time pastoral position will be responsible for pastoring, shepherding, teaching and mentoring the Chinese speaking congregation.
- Be clear about God’s call for your full-time pastoral ministry and comply with the biblical requirements for elders and overseers (1 Timothy 3:1-9, Titus 1:6-9).
- Affirm the following Creeds and Declarations:
- Apostles’ Creed, Nicene Creed, Chalcedonian Creed, Athanasian Creed.
- Chicago Declaration, Cambridge Declaration, Nashville Declaration of Marriage.
- Foundation of Faith of SCC: http://www.scc-ny.org/about-us/doctrine/.
- Have a comprehensive theological education and relevant experience:
- Master of Christian Divinity or equivalent, and three or more years of pastoral/participating pastoral experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Protestant Theology or equivalent, and five or more years of pastoral/participating pastoral experience.
- Have three or more years of experience in American society.
- Able to use Mandarin Chinese proficiently to preach and counsel believers.
- Experience in pastoring a cross-cultural Christian church with mostly first-generation immigrants.
- Have missionary or short-term missionary experience.
- Able to communicate in English at least on a daily basis.
- Be able to skillfully use modern office technologies at work (such as MS Office, Zoom, Google Meet etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Chinese Hall Service.
- Preach at least 2 times a month, lead Sunday school and fellowship.
- Attend various prayer meetings in the church.
- Lead the congregation, visit with care, and maintain interaction with the flock.
- Discuss with the elders on church governance.
For a detailed description in Chinese, please refer to: http://www.scc-ny.org/employment-opportunities/
How To Apply
Please send your application to [email protected]
In your application, please includes:
- Doctrinal Statement
- Philosophy of Ministry