Worship Pastor Job Description
Lighthouse Christian Church (LCC) is seeking an experienced, full-time Worship Pastor for our non-denominational, multigenerational (predominantly Asian American) church in Bellevue, Washington. The Worship Pastor will oversee the worship ministries of LCC and engage our Lighthouse Community in creative and vibrant worship, so that God can be seen, people will feel loved, and lives can be changed into the likeness of Jesus. The Worship Pastor must model Christ-like character and see their work as essential to discipling our community, especially through music, scripture, and prayer.
- A mature relationship with Jesus Christ that is clearly exhibited in the Pastor’s life.
- A pastoral heart and love for people.
- Proficiency in leading worship with a strong vocal ability. Capable of leading with a guitar and/or keyboard is essential. Confidence in speaking and praying is desired.
- Gifted and experienced in musicianship. Musical knowledge and training are desired.
- Able to utilize a mixture of traditional and contemporary songs and hymns staying current on trends in worship music.
- Able to develop and integrate various worship team members, coming from varying musical backgrounds.
- Able to develop a team of gifted musicians that strives for musical excellence.
- Knowledge of livestreaming, audio equipment and mixing sound.
- Knowledge of Planning Center and ProPresenter.
- Seminary Degree or other theological training is required.
The Worship Pastor is responsible for:
- Leading worship at Sunday gatherings at least 3 times per month.
- Preparing, planning, directing, shepherding and leading worship teams involved in weekly Sunday gatherings.
- Providing leadership, vision, and passion for LCC in the area of music worship ministries that is in line with the overall vision, purpose, and mission of Lighthouse.
- Developing and mentoring individuals and teams in their knowledge of their instruments, vocals, sound, and technical capabilities.
- Strengthening individuals and teams by helping them grow in their spiritual formation.
- Overseeing worship at additional LCC gatherings throughout the year.
- Developing and administering an annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
- The Worship Pastor will report directly to the Lead Pastor, participate weekly in Sunday worship services, weekly staff meetings, weekly prayer meetings, and two semi-annual staff retreats. Active LCC membership and participation in bi-monthly member meetings is required.
- The Worship Pastor will practice and uphold LCC Staff Core Values.
- The Worship Pastor will perform general pastoral ministries of the church such as pastoral care, teaching, counseling, visitations, etc.
- Competitive salary with optional housing allowance designation.
- Health, dental & vision Insurance.
- Vacation, sick leave, paid holidays.
- Retirement plan provisions as outlined in the LCC Employee Policy Manual.
- Monthly allowance for continuing education and ministry expenses.
- Relocation assistance provided.
- A two-year commitment is required.
About Lighthouse Christian Church:
Website – https://lighthousechristian.church/
How To Apply
- Please email to [email protected]:
- a curriculum vitae in PDF form.
- include three references.
- at least two recent video clips of you leading worship, one with a fast tempo and one with a slow tempo.
- Please use “Attention: Worship Pastor Search” as the subject line of your email.
- Please submit your application by May 31, 2022.