High School Associate/Director
Peachtree Church is a growing church in Atlanta, Georgia. Our Student Ministry program is focused on helping students become followers of Jesus while walking alongside students and their families as they navigate the complexities of life. We are looking to hire a staff associate with a contagious relationship with Jesus and a genuine passion for working with, encouraging, leading, and pouring into the lives of seventh and eighth-grade students.
This position requires someone who is a self-starter, has organizational skills, the ability to speak and teach in front of groups, pastoral counseling abilities, and desires to work in a collaborative team setting.
The primary responsibilities for this position include (but are not limited to):
- Pastoral/Relational: Building relationships with students as well as their parents and families in order to share The Gospel and help them grow in their relationship with Christ.
- Outreach: Attending sporting events, going to schools, recitals, etc. to meet new students and deepen existing relationships with students.
- Leadership: Planning, coordinating, supporting, and running trips, events, activities, programs, as well as recruiting and equipping both adult and high school volunteer leaders.
- Teaching: Studying, preparing, practicing, and delivering messages that give students a holistic understanding of scripture and God’s truth, and points students to a life-giving relationship that is found in following the way and person of Jesus.
- Program: Creating dynamic, energetic, fun, creative, and spiritually significant programs that encourage students and support their faith formation.
- Experience working with students.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to plan and execute multiple projects at once.
- Comfortable leading small groups.
- Team player with a desire to work in a collaborative environment.
- Strong relational skills with both students and parents.
- Ability to recruit volunteer leaders.
- Ability to mentor and equip high school and adult volunteer leaders.
We believe that the healthiest and most impactful ministers are those who prioritize their relationship and spiritual formation with Christ, and model this to those they have been entrusted to lead. Peachtree provides opportunities for spiritual growth and discipleship through engaging worship services, a community for young adults, mission trip/outreach opportunities, and continual equipping and training as a Student Ministry staff member.
This is a full-time, salaried position that includes medical benefits. We offer a competitive salary based on education and experience. The Middle School Associate will report directly to the Director of Minister School Ministry as well as the Director of Student Ministries.
For more information or to send your resume and cover letter, please click on this link.