High School Pastor/ Director of Student Ministries
Title: High School Pastor/Director of Student Ministries
Job Type: Full-Time
Church Size: 1000-1500
Our mission is to bring the truth of God’s Word into every corner of every life—in our personal lives, our families, our church, our communities, and our world—through the power of the Holy Spirit, in the love of Jesus Christ, unto the glory of God.
Bringing the Truth of God’s Word into every corner of every life.
This position primarily emphasizes High School ministry at RHCC while providing spiritual leadership, vision, and direction for the rest of the Student Ministries. There are 5 paid staff in Student Ministries (4 full-time, 1 part-time). This includes one full-time High School Associate and one part-time High School Assistant to assist you. Currently, there are about 50 High School students, 14 small group leaders, and 6 parent volunteer teams (Prayer, Snack, Mentor, Carpool, Youth Events, Hospitality).
The ideal candidate must be committed to engaging students with the saving Gospel of Jesus Christ and equipping students with a Biblical worldview. He provides innovative, strategic, collaborative, and team-oriented leadership to the High School ministry and implements the purpose, values, and objectives of Rolling Hills Covenant Church in the area of High School Ministry.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach the Word of God using expository preaching methods and sermon-based small group questions.
- Oversee the recruitment, equipment, and encouragement of paid staff, volunteer staff members, and students toward spiritual and developmental maturity.
- Give leadership to all Student Ministries, providing innovative, strategic, collaborative, team-oriented leadership while keeping church vision and values clear and central. Greater areas of emphasis include:
- Wednesday Night Youth Group
- Evangelism/Outreach Events
- Mission Trips/Service Projects
- Camping Ministry
- Pastoral Care/Counseling to Families and Students
- Collaborate with parents in their ministry of bringing up their teenagers “in the discipline and instruction of the Lord” (Ephesians 6:4).
- Oversee all aspects of administrative programming and equipping.
- Engage in team dialog with Contemporary worship service leadership, helping students assimilate into the life of RHCC. Participate as a team member of Student Ministries, integrating all aspects to maintain unity in the discipleship of youth and young adults.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Spiritually mature as evidenced by observable walk with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Commitment to the Bible as God’s Word and the authority for Christian living above the values of tradition and culture.
- Commitment to the intentional cultivation of the inner life through worship, study of the Word, and prayer.
- Dedicated to ministering to people in a warm manner that leads to a closer understanding of the sufficiency of Jesus Christ.
- Exhibits the character qualities of a pastor and elder as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4.
- Possesses the gift of pastor-teacher (Ephesians 5:1-4).
- Attends classes and seminars as necessary to improve knowledge and skills.
- Supervised by: Executive Director.
- Supervises: High School Associate, High School Assistant, Junior High Director, Student Ministries Worship Director.
- Supervisory Authority: Hire, evaluate, discipline, and dismiss.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree encouraged.
- Requires demonstration of competency in preaching with at least preferred 5 years of experience in Student Ministries.
- Requires track record of effectiveness in recruiting, equipping, and mobilizing paid and volunteer staff for ministry.
- Requires exceptional leadership, interpersonal, time management, administrative and team building skills.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- $65,000 – $80,000 depending on experience and education.
How To Apply
For questions and to submit your application, email the following information to [email protected].
- Submit your resume with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in applying for this position.
- Submit video links of yourself teaching.
- Submit the names and contact information of at least (3) ministry references and, if possible, at least (1) who can attest to your character and experience.
- Submit a quality photograph of yourself (optional).